IT Apprenticeship Programme (UK)
Applications are now closed. Please check back in the coming months for details on our 2017 intake.
About IT apprenticeships
At AstraZeneca, every part of our business is touched by technology. Understanding how to use it, is key to our success.
Our Professional IT Apprenticeship Programme offers a unique opportunity to be part of a company with a presence in over a hundred countries, a diverse working culture and a mission to help people live healthier lives.
About the programme
We offer a real alternative to full time University, with the opportunity to study for a BSc in Digital and Technology Solutions, whilst working alongside world class industry leaders, gaining valuable workplace experience in key projects straight away.
Over four years, we will support you on your journey every step of the way, with a buddy, mentor and line manager always there to help and guide you.
As well as tremendous team spirit, there’s a genuine apprenticeship community here, with lots of opportunities to socialise with your peers and broaden your network.
How does the programme work?
The programme allows you to experience a variety of rotations across the business to help you work out which part of the IT function you enjoy the most, allowing you to pursue a successful career in any number of roles, including:
- IT Project Manager
- Business Analyst
- Information and Cyber Security Analyst
- Infrastructure Application Maintenance Analyst
- Application Development Analyst.
How we’ll support you
We want you to succeed, so we’ll back your apprenticeship all the way. Whichever role you work in, you will always:
- Be encouraged to fulfil all your potential
- Have access to excellent development opportunities
- Play a crucial role in your team
- Be supported to network and socialise with your peers
- See the impact of your creativity, ideas and innovation.
How we’ll develop you
As an AstraZeneca IT Apprentice, you’ll have endless development opportunities, which could include:
- Four year Bachelor of Science programme in Digital and Technology Solutions
- Multiple in-house training opportunities
- A mentor from senior management
- A task manager to support you with your day-to-day work
- A line manager who will support your development throughout the programme.
Where you’ll be based
You can undertake the apprenticeship at any AstraZeneca site across the UK, such as Luton, Cambridge or Macclesfield.
What we're looking for:
- A passion for IT
- ‘A’ level BCC as a minimum with GCSE English and Mathematics (or equivalent)
- A desire to learn, inform, collaborate, innovate and work as part of a team determined to support AstraZeneca to deliver life-saving medicines to millions of people throughout the world