AstraZeneca Postdoc Programme
In our global biologics research and development business area, our mission is centred on delivering life-changing medicines that advance world health, and help fight, and even cure disease. As a postdoc with us, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing the lives of patients.
About the programme
Bring your expertise, apply your knowledge, follow the science, and make a difference!
You will be part of a vibrant scientific community, working on highly innovative, ground-breaking projects in the US, UK, or Sweden. As a respected specialist, you’ll be empowered to take credible risks, own your project and run with it, with all the support you need.
There’s a genuine ‘love of learning’ here. It's your chance to surround yourself with a diverse group of amazing scientists, to stretch one another to grow and develop. Our projects look for a wide variety of skills including AI & Machine Learning to help us decipher the wealth of data we generate but our Data Science Academy will train staff whether you are a newbie or an expert! Our postdocs can also access a world of learning opportunities from our online platform.
You will get the opportunity to present your work at our internal monthly seminars and annual workshop, you can attend external scientific conferences and seminars to present your work, which will eventually lead to quality publications in the leading journals from your discipline.
You will also be able to build the foundations of your network that could last a lifetime.
Who we look for
- An outstanding postdoc or amazing scientist who will complete their PhD soon.
- You will need a science-based PhD and/or MD plus a strong record in a field such as Biochemistry, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Pharmacology, Computational Biology/Chemistry, Informatics, Medicinal Chemistry, Biophysics, Structural Biology, Safety & Toxicology, Clinical Research, and/or Statistics.
- You’ll be the kind of scientist that loves challenging the way things are done, introducing new techniques and generating fresh ideas. Someone who enjoys working in an environment that offers you the freedom to explore and implement your ideas.
- Just as important, you’ll combine a natural curiosity with strong technical ability and a genuine love of science and what it can achieve.
How to join us
- Complete the online application form associated with the position you’re applying to.
- If you are interested in more than one position, you will need to fill in an application form for each one.
- Short-listed applicants will be invited to a telephone interview to aid in selection prior to a final interview at one of our locations.
- Successful candidates will be offered a start date convenient to them and the supervisor but usually within three months of the offer