AstraZeneca is a global biopharmaceutical company engaged in the research, development and marketing of ethical drugs. We are more than 83,000 colleagues in over 100 countries and our R&D activity is concentrated in three strategic centers: Cambridge (UK), Gaithersburg (USA) and Gothenburg (SWE) and R&D groups active in 40 countries around the world. By joining our team you will discover that science is not only at the heart of what we do, but it is also who we are. Every day, whatever our role, we are committed to finding solutions that really make a difference for patients. To face this challenge, we need the best talents, their commitment and their creativity.
Do you think you have these characteristics? Join us!
Our strategic priorities
We are focused on developing therapeutic solutions that significantly improve patients' lives and society. Our priorities are:
- To be a leader in the therapeutic areas of Oncology, Cardiovascular, Metabolic and Renal, Respiratory and Immunology, Infectious Diseases and recently, Rare Diseases
- Accelerate scientific innovation by seeking solutions that can prevent, treat and even cure some of the most serious existing diseases
- Continue to be a Great Place to Work
Within AstraZeneca, the contribution and opinion of all the people who are part of it is important. For this reason, we periodically participate in surveys to establish the objectives of our Growth Through Innovation strategy globally.
In AstraZeneca Italia we are a team of approximately 950 people, based partly in the headquarters of MIND - Milano Innovation District and partly located throughout the national territory. We all share the desire to bring innovation into the lives of millions of patients and we believe not only in the importance of what we do but also in how we do it. This is why, as soon as they join AstraZeneca, every colleague subscribes to our Code of Ethics, which defines our values and guides our behavior to provide life-changing therapeutic solutions.
AstraZeneca in Italy
MIND - Milano Innovation District, Milano
The transfer of our headquarters to MIND - Milano Innovation District confirms the desire to play a key and strategic role within the innovation system and to be able to more easily start collaboration within a network of companies, startups and public institutions with who develop ideas and build innovative partnerships and projects to support patients.
Our Milan office hosts over 300 people. We work for the benefit of patients in various roles, including Medical Affairs, Market Access & Government Affairs, Marketing, Innovation and Commercial Excellence, Legal, Finance, HR, Communications and IT.
Our network throughout Italy
Over 700 colleagues work in the field, meeting with clinicians and patients from all over Italy to ensure that they can have access to the best possible treatments. Among the functions active throughout Italy there are Commercial, Market Access & Government Affairs, Medical Affairs and Diagnostics. Our main therapeutic areas are: Oncology, Cardiovascular, Metabolic and Renal, Respiratory and Immunological, Vaccines & Immunotherapies and Rare Diseases.
Why join us?
At AstraZeneca, we are not afraid to take new paths. We want to experiment with new ways of working, be pioneers in adopting cutting-edge solutions and involve different people, so that our scientific contribution is inspiring for all.
We are a Great Place to Work
Since 2014 we have been recognized as Top Employers and we are constantly working to offer our people the best possible working conditions. In addition to guaranteeing equal opportunities for professional development, we are committed to promoting a work culture that takes into account the work-life balance.
The iWork model
Our way of working is designed to encourage creativity, innovation and collaboration.
We trust our people, we work towards objectives and we are firmly convinced of the enrichment that comes from cross-functional collaboration between different areas.
There are no pre-assigned places in our offices, the new work environments are designed to give priority to collaboration and inclusion, to the engagement and motivation of people. In fact, the new organization provides only open space spaces, 'modular' meeting rooms that can accommodate from one to twenty people, more informal common areas in order to make them places for sharing and the birth of new ideas.
New Generation @ Work
In recent years, we have been evolving to create an organization that brings together people from different generations, thus promoting the sharing of different knowledge and skills. For us it is not your background or your seniority that matters, but your potential and your desire to get involved!
When you join our team you will be supported by a Buddy, who will welcome you and help you start your journey in the company in the best possible way.
We encourage networking among colleagues through the presence of Workplace groups in which to exchange opinions and organize virtual and in-person events.
We focus on your development
We believe in development and continuous learning: working with us means having the opportunity to integrate your personal ambitions with company career paths, improving your skills and realizing your aspirations.
By joining us you will have:
- The opportunity to access Development in Borders and Development without Borders programs, which provide for participation in cross-functional projects within AZ Italia or other countries at a regional level
- The opportunity to take advantage of language training programs, public speaking courses and "self-select" development programs, designed by our Global Learning & Development team
- The opportunity to participate in coaching and mentoring courses with colleagues from all over the world
- Access to Degreed, our corporate Learning & Development platform
We care about sustainability
At a Global level, our sustainability strategy is carried out through three priorities:
- Access to healthcare – Increasing access to life-saving treatments, promoting prevention, and strengthening healthcare systems worldwide
- Environmental protection – Tackling the climate crisis through decarbonising healthcare, managing our environmental impact, and investing in nature and biodiversity
- Ethics and transparency – Promoting and ensuring ethical, transparent, and inclusive behaviour across our organisation and value chain
As AstraZeneca Italia, we have implemented various local activities to achieve these three objectives and some of our colleagues represent them as Champions.
- We joined the Zero Carbon Ambition 2025 and we aspire to be Carbon Negative by 2030
- Our suppliers are also selected on the basis of sustainable criteria and, within our offices, we have eliminated the use of plastic
- We obtained the quality certificate ISO:9001 (2015) for the areas of sale and distribution of medicines and for the management of hospital tenders. We also obtained the ISO:14001 certification, that testifies our engagement in pursuing objectives of continuous improvement for our environmental impact
- Our MIND office has also obtained the LEED GOLD certification, a document that certifies maximum energy efficiency and reduced environmental impact