Laboratory Scientist Apprenticeship Programme
The Laboratory Scientist Apprenticeship Programme sits within our Global Operations function. Global Operations at AstraZeneca brings innovation from our science labs to patients, touching every part of the business. We support teams every step of the way and help turn our most ambitious goals into reality. Global Operations provide a vital platform for our business and play a key role in the development, manufacturing, testing and delivery of our medicines to our patients.
The foundation for our success rests on our ability to recruit, train and develop passionate, dedicated people who are committed to achieving their potential, and making a difference.
Our apprenticeship scheme offers a unique opportunity to learn and work in a multi-national company alongside industry experts. Many of our apprentices go on to enjoy full time positions both in their apprenticeship department and other areas of the business. As well as gaining valuable work experience, you’ll have the opportunity to work towards a professional qualification, depending on your chosen department.
Find out where our apprenticeship programmes are based here.
About the programme
Our apprenticeship programme starts in September every year and will be based at our Macclesfield site. By completing this apprenticeship, you’ll be recognised by the relevant professional bodies at Registered Scientist (RSci) level, for which there is a requirement that the scientist will participate in subsequent continuing professional development on completion of the apprenticeship.
- Laboratory Scientist (Chemistry) - these four-year degree apprenticeships are laboratory-based with a practical emphasis on Chemical Sciences. Working within Pharmaceutical Technology and Development, your role will be formulating or testing life-saving medicines.
To fulfil your potential and create a lasting career with our assistance and support. Development opportunities include:
- Reporting to a supportive line manager and personal mentor
- Giving you the chance to network and socialise
- Professional and in-house training schemes and qualifications
- Being a part of a successful team.
What we're looking for:
- Enthusiastic people with a passion to learn
- Please view individual adverts for specific entry requirements
- High aspirations and a desire to become part of a world-leading BioPharmaceutical company.