Engineering Apprenticeships Programme
Please be advised 2020 opportunities are now closed. 2021 vacancies will open in January, sign up for job alerts here
Most of these programmes sit within our Global Operations function. Global Operations at AstraZeneca brings innovation from our science labs to patients, touching every part of the business. We support teams every step of the way, and help turn our most ambitious goals into reality. Global Operations provide a vital platform for our business and play a key role in the development, manufacturing, testing and delivery of our medicines to our patients.
The foundation for our success rests on our ability to recruit, train and develop passionate, dedicated people who are committed to achieving their potential, and making a difference.
About the programme
Our apprenticeship programme starts in September every year and is based at our Macclesfield site.
- The Engineering Maintenance Technician programme is an advanced, four-year course, the first year will be based at a local college to give you the core knowledge of Engineering; following college, your final three years will be based at our sites, rotating between the various plants and technician roles, working alongside mentors to gain experience and plant knowledge
- Process Engineering - this Degree Level Apprenticeship Programme in Pharmaceutical Technology and Development (PT&D) offers a unique opportunity for a five year, real alternative to full-time university, with the opportunity to study for a BEng (Hons) in Chemical Engineering. PT&D turns innovative drug candidates into medicines that help millions of people. We work across the entire value chain, designing and delivering active ingredients, formulations and devices required to support new medicines; from supplies used in clinical trials, to developing the technology to ensure drugs can be scaled up for commercial manufacture. Working within our Pilot Plant, you will have opportunities to experience Process Safety, Engineering and Particle Size Reduction sections
- Control and Technical Support Engineering - this five-year Degree programme is designed to create the control and automation engineers of the future. Engineering apprentices play a hugely important role at AstraZeneca, solving challenges that arise from some of the most advanced equipment in the industry. The Control/Technical Support Engineers primarily assist the smooth running of manufacturing in activities such as site maintenance and improvements. You will work closely with other production roles in a fast-paced and cost-conscious manufacturing environment, where complex problem solving is key.
- We have another Engineering Maintenance Technician role that sits outside of our Global Operations function. This opportunity is designed to create the technicians and engineers of the future. This is a four-ear Fixed Term Contract opportunity based at Speke - Liverpool, where you'll gain valuable work experience and get the opportunity to study towards professional qualifications, including a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering and the first two years of your training will be at the TTE Training facility in Ellesmere Port. Please see entry requirements specific to this programme on the application page.
To fulfil your potential and create a lasting career with our assistance and support. Development opportunities include:
- Reporting to a supportive line manager and personal mentor
- Giving you the chance to network and socialise
- Professional and in-house training schemes and qualifications
- Being a part of a successful team.
What we're looking for:
- Enthusiastic people with a passion to learn
- Please view individual adverts for specific entry requirements
- High aspirations and a desire to become part of a world-leading BioPharmaceutical company.