Supply Chain Apprenticeship Programme
Please be advised 2020 opportunities are now closed. 2021 vacancies will open in January, sign up for job alerts here
The Supply Chain Apprenticeship Programme sits within our Global Operations function. Global Operations at AstraZeneca brings innovation from our science labs to patients, touching every part of the business. We support teams every step of the way, and help turn our most ambitious goals into reality. Global Operations provide a vital platform for our business and play a key role in the development, manufacturing, testing and delivery of our medicines to our patients.
The foundation for our success rests on our ability to recruit, train and develop passionate, dedicated people who are committed to achieving their potential, and making a difference.
Our apprenticeship scheme offers a unique opportunity to learn and work in a multi-national company alongside industry experts. Many of our apprentices go on to enjoy full time positions both in their apprenticeship department and other areas of the business. As well as gaining valuable work experience, you’ll have the opportunity to work towards a professional qualification, depending on your chosen department.
About the programme
Our apprenticeship programme starts in September every year and could include positions in the following areas within our Macclesfield site.
These advanced programmes are located within our Clinical Supply Chain organisation and Operations Supply Chain who support AstraZeneca across all key therapeutic areas and supporting projects in phases of the drug development lifecycle and manufacturing, you will be working on a four-year degree-level apprenticeship in 1 of the 2 following areas;
- Commercial Sourcing and Supply – you will work in a team of Supply Chain professionals to ensure materials are available to meet the production plan and finished products are distributed in a timely and compliant manner to patients around the world
- Clinical Supply Chain - you will work in a team of Supply Chain professionals to help ensure Supply Chain business processes, systems, metrics and technology meet the needs of the business and the AstraZeneca Clinical portfolio.
To fulfil your potential and create a lasting career with our assistance and support. Development opportunities include:
- Reporting to a supportive line manager and personal mentor
- Giving you the chance to network and socialise
- Professional and in-house training schemes and qualifications
- Being a part of a successful team.
What we're looking for:
- Enthusiastic people with a passion to learn
- Please view individual adverts for specific entry requirements
- High aspirations and a desire to become part of a world-leading BioPharmaceutical company.