Procurement Apprenticeship Programme
Please be advised 2020 opportunities are now closed. 2021 vacancies will open in December, sign up for job alerts here
This scheme offers a unique opportunity to learn and work in a multi-national company alongside industry experts. Many of our apprentices go on to enjoy full time positions both in their apprenticeship function and other areas of the business. As well as gaining valuable work experience, you’ll have the opportunity to work towards a professional qualification.
Procurement works to drive AstraZeneca’s competitive advantage to support its strategic objectives. By working to identify, source and manage the best suppliers in the market, they are able to support AstraZeneca’s main priority of bringing our medicines to patients. The challenge is to deliver outstanding value ensuring that our standards are upheld and risks are identified and managed effectively across our supply chains.
About the programme
The apprenticeship programme commences in September with one apprentice located at each of our procurement hubs in the UK, Macclesfield and Cambridge. During the program you will be studying for a CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply. You will be working with procurement professionals managing a wide range of categories all of which have a pivotal role in driving the competitive advantage of AstraZeneca as a company.
During this 2-year program, you will have the opportunity to experience the full procurement lifecycle including building a category strategy, sourcing and contracting, managing supplier performance and driving continuous improvement whilst also enhancing the skills and behaviours needed for success.
So, in one rotation you might be searching for the right supplier to manufacture a new diagnostic device; you may then work with an established provider to review the ways of working to look for opportunities to automate processes, reduce operating costs or expediate timelines. All in a truly global environment.
You will be supported on a day to day basis with:
- Opportunities to apply your learning in the workplace
- Time out to attend university and study (during study leave)
- Focussed objectives and goals for the duration of your time in role
- Further development to support broader learning
- Time with your line manager, mentor, buddy and Early Talent network
What we are looking for:
- A strong desire to learn
- Great communication and influencing skills
- A curious mindset
- Business acumen
- Interest in data analysis and interpretation
- Quick and agile thinker
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Strong organisation skills
- Demonstrable initiative
- Minimum of 96 points at A-level (Grades CCC) or an equivalent. In addition, Maths and English a minimum 4 and a further 3 at 9-4 GCSE’s (or equivalent qualifications).