LUMINI Operations Graduate Programme
Location: Södertälje, Sweden
2024 application dates: 15 December 2023 to 2 February 2024. Click on R-187100 to apply
About the programme
Our local LUMINI Operations Graduate Programme started in 2016 with the aim to attract and develop young bright (inspired by the latin word lumini) talents to AstraZeneca in Sweden. Since then, 25 graduates have joined the programme and looking forward to continuing to recruit new graduates to our September 2024 intake.
The programme gives you the opportunity to work at AstraZeneca’s "production heart" in Södertälje, which is our largest manufacturing site globally. We have nearly 5,000 employees in Södertälje and export more than 150 billion SEK per year to over 100 international markets, which also represents more than 40% of AstraZeneca’s global annual sales values (2022).
The production activities in Södertälje have an influential role in the development and delivery of our products all over the world. This is your opportunity to work on real life-saving projects right from the beginning, supported by some of the best colleagues the industry has to offer.
As a LUMINI Graduate, you will waste no time by quickly becoming part of our business and will have the opportunity to influence your development and future career at AstraZeneca. We are looking for driven talents with leadership skills who will contribute to the well-being of millions of patients worldwide. You have an agile attitude, can identify new perspectives with confidence, and have the vision to critically assess and challenge existing ways of working.
What does the programme involve?
Starting in September 2024, the programme lasts two years and consists of three different eight-month placements. Each placement provides you with valuable experience working on real projects, and gives you the chance to influence decisions across a range of business areas. Each placement will be decided based on your own development plan, combined with the organisation's strategic business needs.
The programme will provide an invaluable blend of on-the-job experience and coaching. There will be a huge support network behind you, and we’ll encourage you to develop your own network of contacts. You’ll also have full exposure to some of our most senior leaders.
Here are examples of some of the areas where you could be working:
- Production - where we produce and package pharmaceuticals
- Project Management – driving investment projects as well as projects for the production of new products
- Operational Excellence – is where you find our LEAN specialists, responsible for the constant development and streamlining of processes and ways of working
- Quality – securing the quality of our pharmaceuticals and production chains
- Sourcing & Supply – overarching responsibility over procurement, production planning, and the flow of material in and out from our site
As a LUMINI graduate, you belong to a large group of graduates from AstraZeneca's various graduate programs, which gives you the opportunity to develop personal contacts and long-lasting relationships. Our LUMINI graduates have moved into a wide variety of different roles after the programme such as Supply Chain Project Manager, Digital Project Manager, Global Brand Planner, Quality Control Line Manager, Finance Partner, etc.
What we're looking for:
- Graduates in any discipline who have a bachelor’s or master’s degree awarded in 2023, or due to be awarded in 2024
- A passion to work in pharmaceuticals and healthcare, with a real desire to make a difference to patients and our business
- Interest in production, sustainability, digitalisation and IT
- Agility of thought and understanding, and the curiosity and flexibility to work in different roles within AstraZeneca
- Strong business acumen, leadership potential, and the ability to inspire change
- The confidence and vision to critically assess and challenge existing ways of working
- Fluent in both Swedish and English
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
Our mission is focused on creating an inclusive and equitable environment, where people feel they belong. To find out more about our inclusion and diversity policy, click here.