US Commercial Leadership Development Program
Locations: Wilmington, DE
Salary: Competitive plus benefits and relocation support
Accepting applications: Monday, September 14, 2020
Application closes: Monday, September 28, 2020
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
Our Commercial Leadership Development Program is a 3-year program designed for forward-thinking recent MBA graduates passionate about healthcare and who see themselves in leadership roles in a science-led and patient-first organization.
About the program
In the Commercial Leadership Development Program, you’ll take on a series of challenging commercial management roles across our core functional areas – marketing, market access, and commercial operations– that span the various therapeutic areas of the biopharmaceuticals business.
- You will undertake 3 eight-month rotations that will expose you to core areas of the business, including one international rotation, or an 8-month field sales role based in the United States.
- Followed by a one-year consolidation role within the commercial business as a business manager.
As a Commercial Leadership Associate, you will:
- Develop key skills to succeed, through exposure, including but not limited to project management, P&L management, product launches, omni-channel marketing, sales operations, strategy, and market access.
- Build management and healthcare business acumen through personal development workshops and access to training programs, including immersion stints with medical affairs and field-based teams.
- Grow as a business leader by working with your assignment managers and senior leaders who will be directly invested in your development.
- Broaden your global perspective through the international assignment (8 months).
- Gain unparalleled networking opportunities with access to executive level leaders.
Our current CLDPs have taken on some of these assignments:
- Developed and orchestrated the implementation of field-promotional campaigns
- Steered teams through multi-million dollar RFPs
- Created field-force incentive program to support new product launch
- Developed content strategy for ground breaking digital devices
- Worked with senior leaders to develop long range strategic plan
What we’re looking for:
- Current year MBA graduates
- 2-6 years of work experience prior to your MBA – pharmaceutical, healthcare, marketing, brand management or sales experience is preferred but not required
- Diverse work experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience and passion for people
- Values-driven mindset
- Strong interest in healthcare
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
How to apply:
Key application timelines and dates
- Apply online (month of September)
- Onsite final round interviews and case interview (Mid October)
- Receive an offer (Early November)
- Apply online (Sept-Apr)
- Initial phone interview (Sept-Apr)
- Final round interviews (Mar-Apr)
- Receive an offer (Rolling)