Human Resources (HR) Apprenticeships
Please be advised 2020 opportunities are now closed. 2021 vacancies will open in January, sign up for job alerts here
Our Global Human Resources function builds true partnerships with managers throughout AstraZeneca. Our purpose is to be a trusted partner for the business, shaping our company culture and predicting people trends to deliver the organisation’s bold ambition.
The function provides expert people-related advice on the labour market, and helps managers identify the core knowledge, skills and abilities required to support our competitive advantage. We build a working environment that is characterised by respect, integrity and growth opportunities, which inspire both individual contribution and collaborative entrepreneurial thinking. We value diversity and ensure AstraZeneca attracts, retains and develops a talented workforce that thrives in a vibrant, high performing culture.
Our function is on a journey to deliver excellence in HR. This is a truly exciting time to work with us to shape a great place to work and enable AstraZeneca to improve patients’ lives today and in the future.
Find out more about the programme:
Within HR we provide the expert advice to our Business Leaders to ensure our working environment across AZ is characterised by respect, integrity and growth opportunities, which encourage both individual contribution and collaborative entrepreneurial thinking.
Our apprenticeship scheme offers a unique opportunity to learn and work in a multi-national company alongside industry experts. Many of our apprentices go on to enjoy full- term positions both in their apprenticeship department and other areas of the business. As well as gaining valuable work experience, you will have the opportunity to study towards a professional qualification, depending on your chosen department.
We have two areas of apprenticeships within the HR programme:
- Talent Acquisition (TAq) - you'll have the opportunity to develop your cultural awareness and will have access to senior leaders within the TAq function. Working closely with the Global Directors from the TAq Centre of Expertise, across different cultures and geographies, you'll provide support to projects and other administrative deliverables and may be aligned to one or more specialist area and project depending on size.
Specialisms for this programme include the following areas:
- TAq systems / processes / reporting / surveys / data quality
- Employer branding / recruitment marketing / social media
- New employee orientation / onboarding / exe admin
- General HR (see list at bottom)
- Aligned to GTAq Lead recruitment demand forecasting / reporting / dashboards / leadership team meetings
- TAq Academy (L&D for Talent Acquisition)
- Project e.g I&D, Beamery, Pymetrics, digital
- TAq Partner
- We also have an opportunity for a Data Scientist apprenticeship. You will have an impact at a strategic and operational level by building and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, subject matter experts and colleagues at all levels of organisation. They engage with the wider Data Science community to share ideas, techniques and experiences. Data science in HR is an outstanding opportunity to participate in operationalising our HR strategy and solve essential business and HR challenges around attracting, developing, retaining, and motivating the best talent.
To fulfill your potential and create a lasting career, we will help you in any way we can, including:
- Reporting to a supportive line manager and personal mentor
- Giving you the chance to network and socialise
- Professional and in-house training schemes and qualifications
- Being a part of a successful team
What we're looking for:
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, driven and ambitious individuals with a passion to learn
- High aspirations and a desire to become part of a world-leading bio-pharmaceutical company
- A passion for HR
- Technology savvy, eager to learn and learns quickly
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work on two or more deliverables in parallel
- Takes responsibility for own self- development.
- Receptive to feedback and eager to develop.