Commercial, Marketing and Market Access, Graduate Programme
Location: Pancras Square, London, UK
Applications are now closed for our 2024 intake
About AstraZeneca UK Commercial
It's time to be more.
You'll get to do things differently with us. Nothing will stand in your way in challenging science to do more. You'll discover your determination to deliver cutting edge-technology to the world and get more medicines to more patients more quickly. Disruption is seen as a positive here - your courage and curiosity, your entrepreneurial spirit and fearless creativity will have the freedom to achieve more than you ever thought possible.
And you'll feel unashamedly proud of the part you play in making life more bearable for patients with chronic illness and more hopeful for those fighting aggressive cancers.
We play to win. Against cancer, diabetes, heart disease, asthma and more. You'll be blown away by the difference you can make to millions.
About the Programme
This is a 2-year programme during which you'll have the opportunity to rotate into three different areas, beginning with two six-month placements in Marketing and Market Access, and then a twelve-month placement in Sales (field based). Each placement is designed to give you extraordinary insight into our business and you could be working on:
- Build and develop multi-format, engaging content in line with the brand plan strategy using key insights of the local market
- Work cross functionally to execute a brand plan and monitor impact of the campaign through insights
- Build customer personas and their experience maps to develop an engagement strategy and plan
UK Market Access:
- Supporting with a Health Technology Appraisal to the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) or Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC)
- Planning and execution of market access to medicines
- Independent research on topics such as the impact of COVID and Brexit on access to medicines
- Health economic / budget impact modelling
- Form relationships with customer base to increase prescribing of AstraZeneca brands through impactful clinical selling and influencing
- Use detailed analysis to identify and evaluate opportunities to drive practice change
- Work as a member of the account team to develop and implement effective account plans, achieve account objectives and important metrics through effective project management and collaboration
Relocation support may be offered to support a move out of London for the 3rd rotation and with access to a lease car (Sales rotation only).
As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice, and you will start on your ABPI qualification as soon as you join us. Meanwhile our programme will provide you with the breadth of experience within the commercial business of a biopharmaceutical organisation to set you up for success in your career.
- A degree (minimum 2.1) in a scientific (e.g. medical science) or business/economic subject area (e.g. health economics), either at an undergraduate (BSc) or postgraduate (Masters) level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate material through presentations and reports
- The ability to work independently but also establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of the environment for pharmaceuticals in the UK, and/or eager to learn more
- Ability to drive (Hold a clean UK driving licence) prior to application or have obtained your driving licence by the time you reach this rotation