Technician Scientist Apprenticeship Programme
The Technician Scientist Apprenticeship programme sits within our Global Operations function. Global Operations at AstraZeneca brings innovation from our science labs to patients, touching every part of the business. We support teams every step of the way and help turn our most ambitious goals into reality. Global Operations provide a vital platform for our business and play a key role in the development, manufacturing, testing and delivery of our medicines to our patients.
The foundation for our success rests on our ability to recruit, train and develop passionate, dedicated people who are committed to achieving their potential, and making a difference.
Our apprenticeship scheme offers a unique opportunity to learn and work in a multi-national company alongside industry experts. Many of our apprentices go on to enjoy full time positions both in their apprenticeship department and other areas of the business. As well as gaining valuable work experience, you’ll have the opportunity to work towards a professional qualification, depending on your chosen department.
Find out where our apprenticeship programmes are based here.
About the programme
Our apprenticeship programme starts in September every year and will be based at our Macclesfield site. By completing this apprenticeship, you’ll be recognised by the relevant professional bodies at Registered Scientist (RSci) level, for which there is a requirement that the scientist will participate in subsequent continuing professional development on completion of the apprenticeship.
- Microbiology - this three-year foundation degree apprenticeship is laboratory-based. You'll be working with scientists from multiple disciplines to deliver the microbiological understanding to ensure patient safety and progress the development of our new medicines
- Quality Control - this four-year Foundation degree will provide you with the opportunity to learn to test raw materials, intermediate and finished products, to generate laboratory results against the agreed Quality Standards to ensure the quality, safety and efficacy of these products to the customer or user.
We also have an opportunity outside of the Global Operations programme for a Cell Culture Fermentation Sciences Apprenticeship - this role works across several interdisciplinary teams within the group, working together on a range of activities associated with the drug development process. You will help create and characterise cell lines and processes required for the production of clinical grade products. As part of this, you will gain experience in transient expression systems, stable cell line development, cell culture and bioreactor process design and an understanding of the analytical methods used to support the development process.
To fulfil your potential and create a lasting career with our assistance and support. Development opportunities include:
- Reporting to a supportive line manager and personal mentor
- Giving you the chance to network and socialise
- Professional and in-house training schemes and qualifications
- Being a part of a successful team.
What we're looking for:
- Enthusiastic people with a passion to learn
- Please view individual adverts for specific entry requirements
- High aspirations and a desire to become part of a world-leading BioPharmaceutical company.