Packaging Professional Apprenticeship
Please be advised 2020 opportunities are now closed. 2021 vacancies will open in January, sign up for job alerts here
The Packaging Professional Programme sits within our Global Operations function. Global Operations at AstraZeneca brings innovation from our science labs to patients, touching every part of the business. We support teams every step of the way, and help turn our most ambitious goals into reality. Global Operations provide a vital platform for our business and play a key role in the development, manufacturing, testing and delivery of our medicines to our patients.
The foundation for our success rests on our ability to recruit, train and develop passionate, dedicated people who are committed to achieving their potential, and making a difference.
Our apprenticeship scheme offers a unique opportunity to learn and work in a multi-national company alongside industry experts. Many of our apprentices go on to enjoy full time positions both in their apprenticeship department and other areas of the business. As well as gaining valuable work experience, you’ll have the opportunity to work towards a professional qualification, depending on your chosen department.
About the programme
Our apprenticeship programme starts in September every year and could include positions in the following areas within our Macclesfield site.
You will be working in a team that covers all aspects of packaging within the research area of AstraZeneca, spanning pre-clinical, late clinical phase and commercial products. As a team member you will be part of all aspects of the team’s work in supporting:
- The science of packaging including Quality control testing of packaging components where laboratory skills are key
- Understanding the influence of pack choice on product properties
- Exploring how to make the impact of pharmaceutical packaging on the environment as low as possible.
- Packaging design and how the patient interacts with the medicine
To fulfil your potential and create a lasting career with our assistance and support. Development opportunities include:
- Reporting to a supportive line manager and personal mentor
- Giving you the chance to network and socialise
- Professional and in-house training schemes and qualifications
- Being a part of a successful team.
What we're looking for:
- Enthusiastic people with a passion to learn
- Please view individual adverts for specific entry requirements
- High aspirations and a desire to become part of a world-leading BioPharmaceutical company.