SQL Support Engineer
Do you have expertise in Platform Support ?Would you like to apply your expertise to impactgloballyby optimizing processesin a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
The AstraZeneca GTC in GDL, is a vibrant, high-energy facility, fully equipped to support our business more than 500 IT professionals. We continuously improve our IT environment by innovating for competitive advantage. We are fully committed to redefine and provide support to enterprise-wide IT solution platforms, infrastructure and services.
We are one purpose-led global organisation. The enablers and innovators, ensuring that we can fulfil our mission to push the boundaries of science and discover and develop life-changing medicines. We take pride in working close to the cause, opening the locks to save lives, ultimately making a massive difference to the outside world.
What You´ll Do
The Support Engineer will be part of a reporting team supporting applications under the commercial IT space. The candidate should possess broad functional knowledge in his/her domain and will become an expert on technical knowledge in our Marketing platforms.
- As a Support Engineer, you’ll be responsible for resolving any Data issues, admin activities reported by the business users and delivering enhancements as required by business users.
- Be part of a global team and deliver solutions collaboratively
- Adhere to SLAs and processes.
- Work actively fixing issues as raised in Production. Proactive analysis, validation & fixing of business data issues and/or issues with the platforms.
- Monitoring applications, systems & interfaces, and take corrective and/or preventive actions.
- Participate in system migrations, upgrades, releases and deployments.
- Coordinating with Digital Experience IT, Business stakeholders and Dev Team for identifying issues and participate in the fix if necessary.
- document procedures and any other important issues.
- Participate in project enhancements and project brainstorming ideation.
Essential for the role
- 2 - 3+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science
- Excellent relational database (SQL & PL/SQL) knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge on web services (both REST and SOAP), XML, JSON.
- Knowledge on Client-Server model
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills in order to be able to communicate with our business stakeholders.
- Able to grasp and understand new technologies and concepts. Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to prioritize, sense of Urgency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science
- Capable of learning new technologies, and effectively use them and apply them.
- Be willing to learn technologies as required.
- Be willing to work in a support project.
- Passion for developing tools in an innovative way to automate manual work, change processes, reduce manual effort, etc.
Desirable for the role
- Experience in Adobe campaign or similar marketing tool(s).
- Experience in ETL technologies (Snaplogic desirable)
- Experience on Linux/Unix, HTTP/HTTPS, network.
- Knowledge on Web services validation tools, such as SOAP UI and/or Postman
- Knowledge on IT Service Management tools, such as Service Now.
- IT experience in Pharma domain
In our dynamic environment, be supported by the brightest minds working together side by side. Agile and collaborative, we work cross-functionally, as well as externally, to thrive at pace. Be appreciated for your contributions. Our culture of recognition and reward means each of us feels supported and empowered to step up and take responsibility. With all the tools you need to excel at every level, coupled with ongoing constructive coaching, there’s no better place to bring out your best.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media,Follow AstraZenecaonLinkedInhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free toswitch any of the above links.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.