At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
Within EUS (End User Services) our IT Major Programmes team deliver large, complex programmes that transform the way AZ focusses on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We are passionate about technology and excellence in delivery, working across all business functions to support business change; projects range from IT infrastructure right through to large scale business transformations.
We have an exciting opportunity, in our Americas Footprint Team (responsible for delivering all the IT services and capabilities to the new R&D Centre in USA as well as other AZ sites across Americas), to strengthen our Architecture capability with a number of roles available Associate Solution Architect, Solution Architect and Senior Solution Architect dependent on relevant education, experience and qualifications.
The role will be accountable to provide solution design support in one of the below focused domains of architecture:
Data, Application or Infrastructure
- Designs architectures, solution blueprints for projects or solutions that address business/application/data/infrastructure requirements
- Works with Business Analysis and Solution Engineering functions and supports functional & technical requirements management, including driving software selection processes
- Ensures that solution architectures and designs are appropriately robust and address business, application, information and infrastructure architectural requirements
- Accountable for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet business requirements and are aligned to AstraZeneca’s Enterprise Architecture, in support of a given portfolio.
- The Solution Architect will partner with project managers, business analysts, and solution engineers to create solutions that are aligned to AstraZeneca architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits).
- Within the solution development lifecycle the role will be accountable for solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build decisions, and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case.
- Provides technical & IT expertise support to project teams and conducts AZ architectural reviews throughout project lifecycle
- Ensures compliance with existing EA guidelines and standards (e.g. AZ Architecture Engagement Process (ISPMM) and EA Software Standards)
- Contributes to project and service teams in the development, implementation and maintenance of standard architectural components
- Works with third party suppliers as required and contributes to the creation of local or functional design documents
- Works with third party suppliers to verify technical development and delivery are in adherence with the Architecture Roadmap, Blueprint and Information Services Strategy
- Documents all architecture analysis and design work
- Develops strong knowledge and expertise in at least one architecture domain
- Contributes to the development of the Architecture Capability within Information Services, by documenting and sharing knowledge and best practices with peer Architects
Requirements – Essential
- Relevant technical degree or equivalent
- Proven development/design experience in at least one technical domain.
- Experience of developing innovative solutions, blueprints, and standards for solution design.
- Experience implementing and maintaining business solution architectures under any formal framework for their domain of architecture.
- Experience of developing and managing relationships with 3rd party suppliers
Requirements – Desirable
- Demonstrated initiative, strong customer orientation, and cross-cultural working
- Experience in developing/maturing an architectural practice
Skills and Capabilities – Essential
- Strong networking skills with good internal/external links
- Well developed communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
- Awareness of developments in the marketplace for domain focus and potential impact to AZ IT
Skills and Capabilities – Desirable
- Proven business acumen
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry and of competitor activity, on a particular architecture and Information Management
- Ability to work well in diverse, multinational teams and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes
- Demonstrated initiative, strong customer orientation
- Travel Requirements – Global travel is required
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.