Software Engineer - Java
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. AstraZeneca is one of only a handful of pure-play biopharmaceutical companies to span the entire value chain of a medicine from discovery, early- and late-stage development to manufacturing and distribution, and the global commercialization of primary care, specialty care-led and specialty care medicines that transform lives. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have an extraordinary workplace culture that drives innovation and teamwork. Here, we encourage our teams to express diverse perspectives - making you feel valued, energized and rewarded for your ideas and creativity.
AstraZeneca is currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our R&D IT Solution Delivery Team to manage and maintain our Analytics & Reporting platform, that is GxP compliant, part of Clinical Development Platforms and supporting mission critical function of running clinical trials run both internally and across external partners. It is broadly classified into SAS Grid and EntimICE software suite that comprises of various technologies. You will be a part of our core platform team which is migrating towards a BizDevOps operating model therefore will be responsible to work cross functionally with other team members such as Platform Lead, Product Analyst, Release Manager, Business Analysts and key stakeholders such as BRM, Product Owners etc.
- Participate in business requirement gathering and design activities with business & IT stakeholders as part of scrum team
- Perform delivery activities through Design/Build/Test/Deploy phases for regular releases on A&R platform
- Deploy patches and any version upgrades on EntimICE and SAS Grid platforms
- Responsible for implementing front user interfaces using java applications (Angular 6, TypeScript, Bootstrap 4)
- Ensure that all system security and control procedures are implemented and maintained
- Generate and implement ideas to simplify/streamline our integration landscape in alignment with integration design and patterns.
- Troubleshoot issues, monitor key metrics and maintain overall health of the platform
- Serve as an SME on the A&R platform for IT and business partners across regions and business areas.
- Work with the Globalscape/Snaplogic team to edit/update/maintain integration interfaces.
- Drive small modules in support transitions and ensure application stability when taking over BAU support of new applications.
- Utilize JIRA for requirements gathering, validation/testing and go-live activities during releases.
- Responsible to solve day-to-day incidents, service requests and work towards incident-reduction and automation. Also, update Service Now (ticket management tool) for all events with respect to the incidents, service requests, changes and problems.
OVERALL YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
5 years of relevant IT experience
- Extensive experience working with Java, Spring Boot and UNIX shell scripting
- Experience using development tools such as Eclipse, NetBeans and IntellijIDEA
- Knowledge of support processes like Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management and experience working in support teams.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with people across the globe with diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience of working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM, Kanban and SAFe.
- Demonstrate willingness and attitude to take on different roles within Platform team as when opportunity arises
- Understanding of SAS & EntimICE administration concepts.
- Knowledge of CI/CD practices and utilization of Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks and message broker software (e.g. Rabbit MQ)
- Knowledge of BASE SAS, R & Python
- Knowledge of Splunk, Snaplogic & reporting with Power BI
- Familiar with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-SQL databases such as Mongo DB
- Passion for learning, innovating and delivering valuable software to people.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent degree is preferred but not required. We will hire self-taught engineers without a formal education given that you have evidence of rich history of software engineering.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.