Snowflake Enterprise Data Management Platform Associate Director
Our data platforms are fundamental to enableg AstraZeneca’s bold ambition to be the pioneers in science, leaders in our disease areas - transforming patient outcomes. We are looking for a Lead Engineer to drive the implementation, adoption and running of our Snowflake Enterprise Data Management Platform.
Enterprise Data and AI (ED&AI) – Data Engineering Services is a central team leading Data, Analytics and AI Platforms and Solutions. We look after enterprise technology platforms which enable AZ data engineers to solve data challenges.
We are in the process of transforming to a cloud-native data platform, Snowflake, and are looking for someone who can join us at this crucial point. You’ll be integral in leading and shaping the design of the platform, build and guiding the processes and best practices for its use across large scale data remoddleing and migration projects.
What you’ll do
· You’ll drive the technical direction of the platform, ensuring we have the right integrations to work efficiently and accurately and can cope with the fast changes that occur
· Deliver effective platform support & service management, ensuring key service metrics and KPIs are governed, maintained and improved progressively
· Advocate and advance modern, agile development practices and help develop and evangelise great engineering culture
· As one of the senior members of the team, you will help with hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands - on career development
HIGHLIGHT THE SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES NEEDED
We consider individuals in this role to be our top tier Engineers; this means you need to be capable of working in multiple spaces and are likely to be the most experienced and skilled engineer on the team. You will raise expectations within the whole team, solve complex technical problems and work alongside complementary delivery platforms.
You should apply if
· Strong history as a lead data engineer; managed global technical teams with strong Team Leadership skills.
· You have experience working in a global organization with multi-partners, stakeholders and team members are spread out in a diverse culture environment.
· You have proven ability to work with Snowflake or similar enterprise data management platforms – showing an enterprise mindset and having implemented good governance practices, standards and industry best practices.
· You have good exposure to RDBMS concepts and experience working with SQL programming to query Snowflake metadata to gather insights and visualize on Platform usage, adoption, service operational status & alerts, governance & observability; Metadata management & reporting; Business application & Data products jobs cost and performance optimization, management & tuning guidelines.
· You have good awareness and experience working with GxP and SOX compliant platforms and services; Enabling data security & protection, masking, anonymization, logging & auditing, row & column level access controls; Backup & Disaster recovery.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Alternatives can also be found on the Employer Brand Toolkit, try to use other examples in order to make it different if candidates – https://az.app.box.com/file/98215432521
So, what’s next! (select one Call to Action -CTA text)
· Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
· Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
· If you’re curious to know more then please reach out to (contact person) We welcome with your application, no later than (Month) (XX)
Expectation of working in the office 3 days a week statement: When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working give us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn’t mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.