Senior Network Solution Engineer
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are a collective of technical experts, bringing deep specialism and forward thinking to resolve complex ideas. We understand the data, managing and exploring it to ensure that patients and employees get genuine benefits from our Technology ecosystem. Here we put technology to good use. Working together seamlessly to find the best way to bring the most value for the business
This is a place to move fast and create a huge footprint through continuous learning and growing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is accountable for all Infrastructure, Security, IT Operations and all End User Services and technologies. This group will ensure that our IT Services are seamless and secure, and that technology is delivered in an efficient, effective, and agile way, with a solid focus on experience. It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
Global Networks are part of Enterprise Technology Service (ETS) and manage Cloud and On-premises IT Infrastructure specifically covering Cloud connectivity, LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, and Network Security Services. This role will be part of a fast-paced, energetic, and hard-working team at the heart of the AstraZeneca, our Senior Network Solution Engineer will create Network Architecture, Solution Design, Engineering, Implementation and Support of Cloud, Networking and Security solutions technologies globally.
This involves influencing and establishing strong working relationships with internal partners in multiple geographies and external collaborators, overseeing the solution, analysis, design, development, engineering, testing and implementation of solutions. The role will also drive recommendations on enhancements, monitoring and controlling the performance of solutions and ongoing support and maintenance to deployed solutions.
- Lead on Network Architecture, Solution Design and Engineering of Network Services globally
- Contribute to the definition and execution against the roadmap of our network strategy, ensuring they are current and meet the needs of the business
- Govern the upgrades and compatibility of Network Solutions and Engineering to ensure seamless upgrades to the business and new functionality and capabilities are introduced effectively.
- Lead improvements to Processes and Ways of Working that benefit the wider organization
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement and high-quality documentation for Solution Engineering Designs and Cloud/Network implementation technical plans to deliver successful business outcomes.
- Collaborate with ETS Operations globally and be a point of contact for any critical issues
- Contribute to the technical roadmap of the Engineering team
- Lead on and contribute to the Global Network Strategy
- Oversight of the lifecycle of all technical changes, with the main objective to enable beneficial changes to be made with minimum disruption to IT services
- Identifying and leading opportunities for Operating Model improvements to our People, Organization, Technology, and Information
- Must have in depth knowledge of network technology with recognised industry experience and/or expert level accreditations (CCIE / TOGAF or equivalent)
- This role is working with the Solution Engineering Associate Director
- Must have relevant skills, expertise, and experience in one or more of the following capabilities: Enterprise, Network Security or Wireless infrastructure
- Expert design knowledge of IP based networking architecture
- Experience of leading the design and implementing complex of complex changes
- Experience of network build standard configuration based on industry best practice
- Routing and Switching services based on Cisco ASR1K, ISR4K routers and Nexus 9K, Catalyst 9600/9500/9300 and Ruckus ICX switches
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of networking protocols including TCP/IP and Ethernet protocols
- Experience of designing and implementing Software Defined Networking (SDN) technologies such as Cisco ACI and SD-WAN
- Experience in designing, installing and operating Cisco DNA Center
- In depth knowledge and experience on L3 routing protocols (OSPF & BGP)
- Technical knowledge and experience in load balancing using Citrix NetScaler platform.
- Experience in designing and implemented Network Security Solutions
- Knowledge of Zero Trust Principles and Technical Solutions such as Illumio Adaptive Security Platform and Zscaler Private Access (ZPA)
- Experience of Tufin SecureTrack
- Firewall Policy and ruleset optimisation, analysis and standard methodology
- Cisco StealthWatch and NetFlow experience
- Experience in a multi-vendor firewall environment consists of Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, FirePower and Zone-Based Firewalls
- Expert working knowledge of Cisco Security Products; ASA, FirePOWER, ISE,
- Cisco CCIE Security or CCNP Security is a must have
- 10+ years of experience related to Cisco Security Products
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing Enterprise scale Wi-FI networks
- Expertise in running MS Teams over Wi-Fi networks
- Expert knowledge of Cisco and Ruckus Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
- Experience in Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Ruckus SmartZone
- Expert knowledge and hands on experience in performing wireless site surveys
- Experience in Ekahau Site Survey Pro, Sidekick Pro and Spectrum Analyzer
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent and expert accreditation in one of enterprise, network security or wireless networking mandatory
- Cisco CCNP/CCIE Routing and Switching
- Cisco CCNP/CCIE Data Center
- Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE)
- CCNP/CCIE Security
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Ekahau Certified Survey Engineer (ECSE)
- Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE)
- CCNP/CCIE Wireless
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive IT network solution design and delivery leadership experience
- Proven technical expertise is LAN, WAN, Cloud Networking and Wi-Fi
- Bachelor’s degree, applicable certification or equivalent experience required
- Industry recognized accreditation i.e., Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE)
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing internal and external business relationships
- Comfortable at all levels of an organization with the ability to communicate clearly
- Technical or Business Degree or relevant track record of equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable skills and experience delivering and supporting large networks infrastructures.
- Strong track record managing and leading global complex technology transformation.
- Experience shaping innovative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organization
- Communicates effectively with partners
- Results oriented
- Solves problems and analyses issues
- Takes initiative and able to work independently
- Practices self-development
- Proactively collaborates with others to share good practice and continuously improve
- Analytical, root-cause and evidence focused
- Take ownership, acting with accountability and urgency.
- Act with integrity, empathetic and effective change agent
- Speak up, share ideas and encourage others to do the same
- Strong written and oral communications skills In-depth understanding of the AstraZeneca business and employees
- Master’s degree
- Engineering certifications
- ITIL certifications
- Project / Programme Management certifications
- Experience working in a global organization where partners and project team members are geographically dispersed
- Strong leadership skills
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.