Operations IT Business Analyst
Ops IT Business Analyst
ABOUT THE OPERATIONS IT TEAM
Operations IT is a global IT capability supporting the Global Operations organisation. We business partner with Operations capability areas: Pharmaceutical Technology Development, Manufacturing & Global Engineering, Quality Control, Sustainability, Supply Chain, Logistics and Global External Sourcing and Procurement. We operate out of Operations hubs sites including in the UK, Sweden, US, and China; and out of our Global Technology Centres in India and Mexico.
Here our work has a direct impact on patients – transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more.
It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Business Analyst performs business analysis and design either alone delivering small to medium size business change activities; or as a member or lead of a BA team in a large or global business change. The Business Analyst operates with a high level of interactive communication, demonstrating high levels of inclusion and cultural sensitivity.
The role will partner with Sr. Business Partners/Business Partners, taking responsibility to deliver high quality business cases, business process designs and ensure that proposed solutions meet established AstraZeneca quality and compliance standards and business solution needs.
The Business Analyst will share best practices in relevant communities of practice, contributing to internal IT processes and standards for business analysis and design.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE
The Business Analyst is expected to perform at Advanced level in the following:
- Understand and prioritize business requirements from multiple stakeholders applying specialist knowledge where applicable. Proactively seeks out opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals.
- Interpret business requirements and simplify them for easy analysis, solution design and decision making to positively impact/solve medium risks/issues. Effectively communicate impact, cost and benefits of new and changed demands
- Provide insight & innovation to projects within own specialist area, aligning to AZ IT strategy and working with AZ IT partners
- Work with business and BTG partners to propose and deliver solutions to achieve agreed outcomes, ensuring that solutions fulfil their future strategic needs and challenges. Shape and define business cases, producing detailed business justification for investment including ROI and benefits realization.
- Work with colleagues across the BTG and C4Es, (e.g., architects and engineers) within the function to identify the capabilities required to ensure outcomes/requirements and clearly understood and can be delivered. Work with Process/Product owners to identify and devise solutions that optimize business process performance, capability, and competitiveness.
- Facilitate and lead design sessions with the business and implementation team to identify functional and technical requirements
- Defining project scope and goals for small projects that deliver or support delivery of effective solutions. Setting a budget and schedule. Hands on leadership, planning, coordination, and delivery of aspects of key projects, including facilitation of meetings, tracking, reporting and communicating progress, as well as risks and issues as necessary.
- Hands on leadership, planning, coordination, and delivery of leading small projects or segments of large cutting edge international projects, applying specialist knowledge in one subject area. Capable of planning and managing their own and other team member’s activities to meet deliverables and deadlines.
- Collate information from relevant sources for analysis and reporting relevant data trends for informed decision making for positive business impact.
- Communicate with the relevant stakeholders and transfer relevant knowledge to delivery teams, i.e., translation using levels of interactive communication and influencing skills. Contributes to communication plans and change management for project and stakeholders.
- Supports business for service tracking/issues/problems/incidents, as well as with IT satisfaction and improvements. Captures delivery feedback from customers
- Proven experience of successfully deploying a variety of business analysis tools/techniques to enable business change
- Proven experience of working with complex integrated systems, using creative and strategic thinking to deliver exceptional results
- Strong engagement, communication and stakeholder management skills, including excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Experience of virtual collaboration to lead, shape and develop innovative solutions
- Experience of mentoring, coaching or developing others
- Experience of working with and managing third party suppliers/vendors
- Business acumen
- Challenge, negotiation and influence
- Presentation, Communication & Facilitation
- Customer Focus
- Stakeholder Management
- Benefits Management and Realisation
- Business Process Management
- Requirements Management
- High school diploma
- Degree in relevant discipline or formal certification in business analysis practice
- Lean SIGMA training
- Practical usage of Agile Methodology
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
- Pharmaceutical business awareness/business domain knowledge
- Cross industry business awareness/business domain knowledge
- User Centred Design (User Experience, User Interface Design and Business Process Design)
WHY JOIN US
Here our work has a direct impact on patients – transforming our ability to develop life-changing
medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working,
combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with
a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more.
Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. Make
the impossible possible by building partnerships and ecosystems, creating new ways of working
and driving scale and speed to deliver exponential growth. Focused and committed, and backed
with the investment to succeed, we’re driving cross-company change to disrupt the entire industry.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
SO, WHAT NEXT?
If you’re interested in applying, we encourage you to apply using your completed Workday profile where possible.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.