Role and Responsibilities
- As a network engineer, will be accountable for meeting the delivery targets set by management
- Responsible for ensuring that delivery is within and better than prescribed SLA levels and help establish processes for continuous service improvement.
- Support, maintain & improve user experience in network connectivity
- Provide accurate, timely diagnosis & rectification of user’s network faults
- Monitor Network events through the world class monitoring tools and acknowledge/fix the alert incidents
- Resolve or escalate incidents/problems/SR per established procedures
- Responsible for tracking and progress-chasing of incidents to conclusion & in-line with SLA and quality standards
- Work within an ITIL environment for Change and Incident management.
- Working on incidents raised by alerts/service desk/end user. Working on service fulfillment request through service catalogue,
- Handling incidents/Service requests related to LAN/WAN/Wireless/Firewall/Load balancer/Proxy from around the globe
- Work along with onsite network engineers to perform any Layer 1 troubleshooting
- Prepare network report for the daily/weekly/monthly management meeting
- Raising expedite change for incident break fix and implementing the changes after necessary approvals.
Essential Skills and experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s Degree is required, MS or MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience performing various tasks in Network Operations, Troubleshooting
- 3-5 years’ experience in configuring/administrating Cisco routers, Switches (Cisco/Ruckus), Firewall (ASA/Checkpoint),Netscaler Load balancer, Zscaler Cloud based proxy
- Skills -LAN/Switching: Cisco Catalyst series switches. Cisco VSS technology, Nexus switches.
Routing: Policy based routing, Intelligent WAN (iWAN) technology, Handling Cisco ISR/ASR routers, knowledge in dynamic routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP/OSPF.
Cisco ACI administration and Troubleshooting
Security: Good knowledge in ASA, Checkpoint firewalls, Cisco ZBF
Load balancer: Knowledge on Netscaler/F5/Radware loadbalancer.
Tools: Experience in any of one troubleshooting tools like Netbrain or any other equivalent tool. Experience on any of one NMS tools like Solarwinds, EMC SMARTS etc. Experience on any of one Log analysis tools like Splunk, Kiwi or other equivalent
- Ready to work in 9/7/365 environment involving rotational shifts which includes supporting over the weekends
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with excellent presentation skills.
Desirable Skills and experience
- Preferred candidate with strong routing knowledge/Firewall devices from ISP environment.
- Working experience in scripting language like Python, Perl, TCL or any other language will be an added advantage
- Understanding of Network Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning & Neural Networks is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Incident Management/Change management/Problem Management processes.
- Experience working in globally distributed team
- Knowledge in ticketing system like Remedy, SNOW
- CCNA(R/S or Security) certification required. CCNP/CCSA/CCSE and ITIL certifications are added advantage
- Able to grasp and understand new technological trends / concepts
- Good experience in using Microsoft Visio
- Must possess good problem solving and communication skills
- Must excel working in team environment
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.