Science IT Engineer
The scope of the service covers a large set of scientific solutions.
The Science IT Engineer will be working together with Application Support Team on the hands-on delivery of maintenance, support, troubleshooting and enhancements for RDI applications under the direction of an Operational Service Manager. This involves execution of application maintenance and support processes, partnering with multiple global IT Teams to bring applications into support, and providing quality service delivery for supported applications.
- Hands-on delivery of support and service activities for Science and R&D platform applications.
- Learn solution support activities and ensures delivery of services per service level agreements.
- Learn from infrastructure teams or platform suppliers to ensures the basic support activities expected by our customers.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of technology and industry trends and proactively identifies and drive identification of opportunities to be leveraged in IT solutions
- Is involved in proactive monitoring of supported solutions to identify issues prior to impact on business activities and initiates resolution activities.
- Works with resolutions of day-to-day issues that occur on supported applications, including restoration of services, remediation of issues, and root-cause analysis.
- Work with QC area and follow the GxP rules for AZ globally.
- Work together with global teams during maintenance and patching activities.
- Deliver and execute against requests for new functionality and service enhancements.
- Upgrade application and system components to ensure application supportability as well as to ensure that evolving business usage needs are satisfied.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree level education in Computer Systems Engineer, IT computer science.
- Prior 2-3 years of experience working in IT companies.
- Experience working with ServiceNow.
- Experience as applications support engineer Level 2 or Level 3.
- Experience working with Microsoft platforms or Linux Platforms as support engineer. Level 3.
- Good understanding of the relationship between software support and the interaction with infrastructure teams.
- Ability to learn new IT concepts and new technologies used in Clinical, Pharmaceutical and Chemical laboratories aligned with AstraZeneca business.
- Speaks English Fluently.
- Write English in an advanced level.
- Good verbal and written communication skills .
- Really interested working on IT environment using Laboratory tools and applications.
- At least one development language in medium level.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.