IT Regional MIM & Monitoring Lead
The IT Regional MIM & Monitoring Lead will be responsible for ensuring service delivery in all Command Centre areas, including:
- ServiceOperations: daily run of the IT Command Centre from shift handover to the regional team enabling service continuity via capture of events through monitoring tools and processes; coordinate event response across all technology solutions and environments. ‘Run’ and management of priority incident events. Responsible for issue escalation and effective incident resolution with right urgency, quality, people and communication. Review Change & Release plans for view of expected change, known impacts and ability to react quickly. Ensure information and CMDB data usage to support resolution. Support run of any BCP activities.
- Major Incident: open and run ‘war room’ engagement including key parties for any Major Incident until it returns to normal service, including regional handoffs as necessary. Ensure accountable and responsible parties are owning resolution including vendors. Adhere to the Major Incident Management (MIM) process at all times and ensure team are fully trained.
- Communications: instigate appropriate communications according to process for unplanned service-impacting events via agreed channels using templates with clear, concise and approved content. Ensure business technology groups and/or site IT technical teams are in receipt of communications during the lifecycle of an incident inc. workarounds, updates and finally for issue resolution.
- ServiceManagement: Adhere to the ITSM processes Incident, Major Incident, Event management. Ensure all IT groups, including Marketing Companies, are compliant with processes and procedures per established SOP’s and KPIs; use metrics from monitoring, review trends, report on process compliance; ensure relevant process efficiencies are put in place to support the needs of our colleagues. Absolute culture of process adoption particularly for Problem Management to prevent reoccurrence and assistance in investigation for solutions.
- Technologies: Support the testing and release in BAU of any ServiceNow relevant products for any new features or automation. Support testing and implementation of observability and monitoring tools. Use tools daily to ensure team has ‘eyes on glass’ during service window/shifts.
- Reporting: ensure use of digital dashboards, data and monitoring reports for speed of response and resolution.
- ContinuousServiceImprovement: collaborate with the Service & Application Owners to identify and evaluate chronic issues and sub-standard performance areas; create PRB or SIP to address issues end-to-end and track through to completion via owner.
- Leadership: provide leadership and management in support of other requests as they arise during shift window. Ensure team collaboration through matrix in ETS, working seamlessly, aligned and engaged in joint activities or incident events.
Function / Team / Location / Stakeholders
- The Regional MIM & Monitoring Lead will be a member of the Command Centre Leadership Team and reports to the Command Centre Director.
- 5-7 direct reports but may also manage others through matrix management structure in Command Centre.
- The Command Centre service is 24x7x365 in a shift pattern to ‘follow-the-sun’ of a given business day and may require some unsociable hours of work during critical issue management and handovers.
- The key stakeholders for this role are:
- VP of Enterprise Technology Services and all other MIM Stakeholder subscribers.
- All Global IT Service Teams focused on run activities for cSET and infrastructure.
- IT Service Management Process Owners / Leads.
- Global Service Owners/key contacts for readiness to support MIM and war room activities, including vendor engagement or escalation.
- Remote Channel Service Leads enabling speedier reaction to MIM raised directly by customers.
- ServiceNow Platform owner for product enhancement and usability.
- ETS Digital Workplace team for provision and support of observability technologies.
- Business Technology Group VPs & Service Leads for support from local or Marketing Company MIM dependent.
- Regional IT Technical Directors across ETS organisation for stakeholder awareness and alerting.
Essential Skills & Experience required:
- A passion for delivering world-class service continually challenging and driving change in pursuit of the customer experience.
- Fluent in English written and spoken
- Strong experience of delivering a responsive IT Service(s) in a large organisation.
- ITIL Foundation level knowledge, particularly Incident & Problem Management
- Customer focused and able to manage customer expectations, including negotiating to get to resolution across complex global teams and vendors.
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills.
- Inquisitive thinker, attention to detail and able to assimilate information.
- Experience in identifying, managing and resolving risks and issues, preventing escalations as much as possible.
- Strong domain knowledge within a global infrastructure.
- Experience of use or implementation of Command Centre technology solutions, use of ServiceNow.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and demands.
- Leader and team player – sets example for team to follow.
- Ability to create an open, honest and collaborative team environment.
- Experience in GxPs or other regulated environment
- Understanding of critical operating/manufacturing value chain and processes
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting-edge methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.