ETS-IT Change & Release Manager-Guadalajara
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Change & Release Manager will manage all change management activities and release planning activities to ensure that services are delivered in accordance with business requirements and schedules, and changes are developed and released without risk to business functions. The role will also focus on the development and implementation of performance measurement and management mechanisms to drive enhancements and seek opportunities to enhance IT’s contribution and value to the business. They will work to minimise the adverse impact of Change and Release on the business and to prevent incidents or post release issues.
To achieve this goal, Change Management will ensure that changes are recorded, evaluated, authorised, prioritised, planned, tested, implemented, documented and reviewed in a controlled manner. They will respond to the changing business requirements whilst maximizing the value and reducing incidents, disruption and re-work. Release Management will ensure there are clear release plans that enable the business to align their activities with these plans. Ensure that a release package is built, installed, tested and deployed efficiently, successfully and on schedule.
The Change & Release Manager is to work as part of a global team of Change & Release Managers as well as Change Coordinators focused on AZ IT service continuity by ensure changes are planned, controlled, communicated and delivered in accordance with expectations. They will work closely with the Regional MIM & Monitoring Leads to be proactively involved at the start of high priority incidents or alerts caused by change. They will be an advocate and ambassador for the Change & Release Management processes across IT and the business.
Change & Release Management
- Daily run of end-to-end Change Management and Release Management business as usual activities.
- Support the development and relevancy of Change & Release Management policy, process and procedures.
- Ensure stakeholders are aware of key change and impact, working with communications teams and Service Design & Transition Managers as appropriate.
- The team will produce a release calendar/forward schedule of change in line with business priorities and activities. Ensure communicated and agreement gained with all parties whom it impacts.
- They will ensure the calendar/schedule is understood and adhered to by all parties including projects/programmes, 3rd parties involved in both support and development and broader IT management.
- Planning and release for IT Service Weekends in close liaison with ETS Operations
- Support process governance & CAB meetings for their owned changes under review
- Support the release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business Go/No-Go reviews
- Build and maintain relationships across technical & business teams, to ensure positive stakeholder engagement with the processes and understanding of their technologies.
- Regularly report on process compliance and KPI’s and any process performance trends
- Managing any risks or issues relating to the processes, adopting the agreed IT Risk Management approach.
- Manage change and release management processes including and tools in accordance with AstraZeneca standards and procedures. Continually looking to optimise and improve the processes to deliver greater value
- To be an authority on the Change and Release process and champion across ETS and IT Teams
- Driving continuous improvement of the Change & Release Manager role.
- Act as an escalation point for Change Coordinators in the team.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE
- ITIL training / service management accreditation
- The role holder should have a broad understanding of IT Service Management process best practices
- Proven capability for assessment of complex business issues and successful delivery of measured improvement initiatives
- Experience in forming effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and to gain commitment to deliver to schedule.
- Experience of making decisions in pressure situations at a management level
- Experience of working effectively in a matrix organization
- Proven capability to collaborate across different technologies and teams
- Application of policies, procedures and guidelines and providing expertise to others
- Experience of Audit and Compliance practices
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence
- Strong communication, facilitation and relationship building skills
- Ability to work in a global organisation with cross functional IT teams
WHY JOIN US
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology.
A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact. Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
SO, WHAT NEXT?
If you’re interested in applying, we encourage you to apply using your completed Workday profile where possible.