Cloud Platform Designer
Join us as a Cloud Designer...
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Cloud Platform Engineering team delivering a multi cloud environment. We are expanding our team of highly skilled and hardworking individuals who are helping to enable and evolve our cloud capabilities. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who craves working with new tech in the cloud and is looking for responsibility, ownership and variety. You will be regularly challenged with new technologies, services, and ways of working in a large enterprise-scale environment.
- We are looking for a Cloud Platform Designer to help us building Cloud capabilities and tooling to support DevOps and development capabilities. We’re looking for someone who can work alongside multiple DevOps and development teams and who is self-motivated and able to actively contribute new ideas to the Cloud platform and services we support. The focus is very much on enabling these teams to deliver independently so there is a heavy focus on automation, self-service, provision of guardrails, and baking of process and governance into workflow and technology.
- In your role as Cloud Platform Designer, you’ll be working in an Agile way with global Product, Project and Platform teams to build, manage and support a range of Cloud capabilities and infrastructure services.
- You will join AZ Cloud Platform Engineering team Part of Cloud & Infrastructure team.
- You are not shy and like to share your ideas.
- Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, ambitious thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of an outstanding place to work; an environment that energises and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience with setup, configuration, and maintenance of Cloud service.
- Experience and familiarity with a range of automated deployment tools.
- Ability to learn and develop new tech skills as required supporting the cloud strategy.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently to deliver objectives
- Experience of working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM and SAFe and use of Jira and Confluence.
- Experience creating products using the Design Thinking process.
- 2-3 Years of experience using AWS Services.
- Experience creating design patterns for AWS.
- DevOps Experience with skills around automation and tools such as (but not limited to) Jenkins, Chef, CloudFormation, Lambda, Terraform, Ansible etc.
- Proven experience with scripting languages, ie: Python NodeJS, Bash
- Demonstrate the capability to problem solve, look for solutions and communicate these openly in a timely manner.
Styles/Values and Attitudes
- You can absolutely by trusted with very sensitive information
- Must have a positive can-do approach and work alongside peers who are like minded that are constantly learning through customer outcomes.
- Prepared to adjust known methods to fit in with processes, customer requirements and find new ways of doing things.
- Know when to take initiative, speak up and are prepared to do so.
- Realise that customer success is our success, so you must want to help our customers achieve their objectives.
- Research and Development aspirations, you will need to want to push the boundaries through continuous learning/experiments/trials of new ideas.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.