Back - End Software Engineer
As a Back-End Software Engineer in AZ you'll have a chance to make a positive impact in patients’ lives by using your engineering skills to develop APIs, microservices and back-end solutions for different areas across AZ. These solutions will contribute indirectly and directly to improve the health of people around the world who uses our medicines.
- Develop the Back-end of Mobile and Web apps.
- Write automated unit and acceptance tests.
- Participate in sprint planning and sprint review meetings with the team and project stakeholders.
- Define the design and architecture of mobile and web apps, and APIs with Sr Software Engineers and the Tech Lead.
- Invest 10% of your time on developing your skills or learning new ones; and/or developing PoCs/experiments with technologies/tools you think will benefit us.
- Define your yearly goals with your manager.
To do this we need engineers with 3+ years of experience with the following:
- Design Patterns
- APIs development
- Microservices development
- Passion for learning, innovating, and experimenting with new engineering practices and tools.
- Experience working in Agile teams (Scrum or Kanban).
- Ability to work and collaborate with people across the globe with diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Extra points if you have experience with any of the following (the more the better):
- Pair Programming
- Angular or React
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagra
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.