At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
The AstraZeneca GTC in GDL, is a vibrant, high-energy facility, fully equipped to support our business more than 500 IT professionals. We continuously improve our IT environment by innovating for competitive advantage. We are fully committed to redefine and provide support to enterprise-wide IT solution platforms, infrastructure and services.
We are one purpose-led global organisation. The enablers and innovators, ensuring that we can fulfill our mission to push the boundaries of science and discover and develop life-changing medicines. We take pride in working close to the cause, opening the locks to save lives, ultimately making a massive difference to the outside world.
AWS Engineer is responsible for the design, development and operational support of the line of business and project-specific cloud applications
Essential for the role
- Exp. Building large scale distribution systems. Architecture experience is a plus.
- Building applications on AWS. AWS certification is a plus
- Experice of micro-services on Kubernetes/ AWS
- Knowledge of cloud native design principles is a plus.
- Strong expertise, with Java and Spring frameworks. Python knowledge is a plus.
- Strong expertise working with cross functional teams to deliver results.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and industry standards
- Experience migrating monolith applications to a micro-services architecture on Kubernetes is a plus.
- Ability to work and deliver results with geographically dispersed teams.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to lead/manage discussions with varied levels of management and engineers
- Good influence, negotiation, and presentation skills is a plus
In our dynamic environment, be supported by the brightest minds working together side by side. Agile and collaborative, we work cross-functionally, as well as externally, to thrive at pace.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecamexico/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.