Strategic Scaling Lead
AstraZeneca’s global commercial digital capabilities have been established with a focus on delivering content and experiences that our HCP and patient customers will value and aligned to our strategic objectives. Our Global Strategic Campaigns are delivered to our customers through a mix of both traditional and digital marketing channels and touchpoints. The Strategic Scaling Lead is a skilled program manager with a marketers mindset that leads the scaling of AstraZeneca’s most strategic and impactful campaigns. The Strategic Scaling Lead works closely with peers and delivery partners to apply a framework that streamlines the delivery of the Global Product Team’s strategy and initiatives across multiple markets. This Strategic Scaling Framework is an effective approach to global scaling that ensures that priority markets can efficiently adopt global campaigns, with speed and economies of scale, and follow-on campaign replication can be executed by AZ’s digital production and delivery teams.
- The Strategic Scaling Programme portfolio is focused on digital savvy, multi-channel and omnichannel campaigns, therefore, it is important for the Strategic Scaling Lead (SSL) to know our digital capabilities and have a deep understanding of our supported digital channels and how they apply to digital campaign strategy in order to ensure an optimized campaign delivery experience.
- The SSL is responsible for creating clear documentation and leading the effort to drive the initial phase of global scaling for specific programs/campaigns. The SSL works closely with the Global Product Owner (typically a Global Brand Manager) to ensure clear understanding of the campaign strategy so to effectively lead strategic and tactical planning and execution for the initial phase of the scalable programs/campaigns and hand-off to AZ’s digital production and delivery teams for follow-on replication. The SSL engages with GCDI colleagues, Global Commercial Operations (GCO) and Global Commercial IT (GCIT) production and delivery partners in the US, Europe and other regions. As such, the SSL, must be able to establish, organize and motivate cross-functional and remotely located teams assigned to deliver the strategic programs/campaigns.
- The SSL will be expected to coordinate and facilitate conversations and activities to support markets around the world. As a result, the SSL will need to be flexible in regard to their availability outside of standard location specific working hours as adopting markets range across global time zones. The SSL will be independent in determining an appropriate flexible work schedule to maintain a healthy balance of career and personal life activities. The Strategic Scaling Lead should be very comfortable with independent work and self-motivated.
In summary, the GCDI Strategic Scaling Lead is responsible for:
- Stakeholder Management & Relationship Building: It is important to build a trust relationship with various key stakeholders such as the Global Marketing Leads as well as adopting market Marketing Leaders. As an advocate for the Global Marketing Leads ambition to strategically deliver a campaign the SSL should be able to quickly gain appropriate supporting knowledge by liasing with cross-functional internal teams to improve the stakeholder engagement experience, quickly address challenges and identify new opportunities for delivery improvement for the local adopting markets.
- Program Management: As the lead point of contact during programme adoption the SSL should be able to identify, partner and manage (with appropriate peers) key stakeholders and contributors that possess marketing and supporting functional roles, both internal and external agency partners. that may be located across many time zones, developing timelines and tracking/reporting status of various activities as well as identifying risks and determining mitigations in an organized and consistent fashion.
- Team Player: Contributing to the Strategic Scaling Programme by collecting and analyzing data to share as specific market delivery insights as part of the Programme's continuous process improvement. Also by partnering to develop and support team efforts and initiatives such as communication planning, preparing for leadership review of programs and governance discussions. It will be expected for the SSL to take initiative and lead a work stream within the team that aligns to their personal development and future career goals.
- BS in Digital Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 3+ years Program Management and/or multiple Account/Project Management experience with ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Significant experience in marketing (multi-channel digital marketing) or marketing support roles, e.g digital marketing project management.
- Ability to engage and motivate in today's virtual environment to ensure successful outcomes
- Ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders and multiple levels of an organization, including senior leadership
- Experience working with stakeholders/teams
- Strong active listening and presentation abilities
- Experience within (or working closely with) a global organization with stakeholders in multiple geographies.
- Familiarity with content experience platforms, digital marketing and advertising, and marketing automation.
- Sales and/or business development experience.
- Exposure to Agile principles.
- Knowledge of/exposure to Pharmaceutical/Healthcare sectors.
- Experience as an Account or Project Manager type role at a creative agency (with a digital marketing focus preferred).
- Experience managing multiple program deliverables and creating/managing timelines to support them using project management software.
- Communication: ability to build relationships and confident presentation skills.
- Project Management Skills: highly organized, detail-oriented, and results-focused.
- Capable of managing high stress situations and dealing with changes.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.