Sr Medical Information Manager (Medical Communication)
THE MEDICIAL INFORMATION ROLES ARE SITE-BASED IN OUR WILMINGTON, DE AND CAMBRIDGE UK OFFICE. THESE ARE NOT REMOTE-WORK OPPORTUNITIES
Medical information at AstraZeneca is responsible for the strategic planning, development and implementation of medical content and communication for health care professionals using various channels, including digital, to support patient care. A combination of global and US remits provides the opportunity to collaborate internationally and drive strategically-aligned and consistent medical communication. The Senior Medical Information Manager is responsible for the proactive planning, development of scientific content to support Medical Affairs, providing scientific consult, review & approval of promotional materials, and answering medical inquiries from healthcare professionals to bring value to our customers and ultimately the patient. Additionally, this role empowers forward-thinking and digital innovation to help drive operational efficiencies and engaging scientific exchange.
- Strategic application of scientific and business expertise relevant to therapeutic areas, including products, disease state management, emerging therapies, and the competitive landscape
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to strategically plan and execute scientific information development and dissemination to meet customer needs
- Monitor the medical environment and apply scientific expertise, integrated with regulatory/compliance landscape, and local markets knowledge to impact Brand/Therapeutic Area strategy
- Contribute to processes related to MI operations, drive operational excellence, and support digital innovation through forward and innovative thinking to meet business needs efficiently
Scientific Content/Brand Partnership
- Strategically lead and/or provide oversight of others in the development, review and maintenance of scientific communication materials, including Managed Market documents, for various channels (e.g., MI requests, digital, Field Medical) in collaboration with Medical Affairs for global and US market
- Represents Medical Information within the promotional review cross functional team (US market) by:
- Providing strategic scientific consults on brand messages
- Reviewing promotional materials for content, accuracy, and final MI approval
- Collaborating across the business to ensure promotional and nonpromotional materials are strategically aligned
- Provides guidance for the appropriate use of AZ products by reviewing resources developed by external compendia (e.g. evidence-based practice centers, treatment guidelines, Medical Letter)
- Provides oversight of others and/or responds to medical information inquiries from Health Care Providers via multiple channels
- Delivers accurate, focused, and scientifically balanced clinical and scientific information exchange with Health Care Providers that support the appropriate use of AstraZeneca products.
- Identify, analyze and report trends in medical and scientific insight (including medical inquiries) to Medical Affairs stakeholders and assess the need to update or create scientific materials (standard responses, slide decks, and Q&As).
Qualifications/Skills & Competencies
- Advanced scientific degree required (PharmD preferred, MD, PhD, MPharm or equivalent)
- A minimum of 3 years of drug/medical information in pharmaceutical industry or comparable experience with the healthcare/clinical/hospital environment is required
- Experienced with scientific literature evaluation and analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen, leadership, project management, and organizational skills
- Digital strategy oriented mindset and experience a plus
- A drug information or clinical residency/fellowship preferred
- Promotional review and medical review experience preferred
- Experience in medical communications/content creation (e.g., slide decks) preferred
- Managed Markets/Payers/HEOR experience preferred
- Ability to apply local regulatory (e.g. FDA, EMA), legal, and compliance requirements to Medical Affairs activities and drug information delivery
- Ability to travel to meetings/conferences (domestic and international) approximately 5% of the time
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.