National Oncology Account Director, New England
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and partnering with colleagues and customers to make the seemingly impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a National Oncology Account Director, New England (NOAD) you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. North American Commercial is the ‘face’ of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
National Oncology Account Director home cities may vary within each geography: The current opening is responsible for the New England (CT/MA/RI/NH/ME) market. You will work with an identified oncology accounts executive leadership and director-level leadership (e.g. pharmacy, medical, quality) to advance AstraZeneca business priorities including but not limited to new product/indication introduction and launch, portfolio and product value proposition communication, provider institution formulary product access achievement, appropriate oncology pathway design, and GPO contract pull-through. This individual leads AstraZeneca cross-functional customer-facing team development of account-level strategies consistent with mutual business objectives and closely collaborates with these teams to ensure effective plan implementation.
- Develops business to business relationships with targeted Oncology customers as appropriate
- Builds strong, networked relationships throughout key Oncology account customer organizations, and develops/strengthens key relationships with account senior management and decision-makers
- Prioritizes account projects/initiatives that address changing customer and market requirements; presents business case for opportunity evaluation, including a broad view of the entire account impact and coordinates/manages project implementation
- Work in full coordination with the Field Sales Team, Medical Scientific Liaisons, and Diagnostics team to execute tactical plans with a good understanding of clinical operational issues on the testing pathway and developing tailored appropriate testing solutions
- Leads GPO contract pull-through in community account including tactical coordination with AZ GPO Account Directors, AZ Sales, AZ Marketing, and GPO client-facing account teams
- Ensures and drives consistent implementation of account strategy with respect to pull through across the Oncology customer-facing teams for target accounts; communicates with Brand Team, Oncology Field Sales, and Market Access customer-facing teams regarding account-specific programs, activities, and pull-through messages
- Provides customer insight to Access Strategy and Marketing teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7+ years pharma and/or other healthcare-related experience
- 3+ years prior Oncology experience in the New England market
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, and team development ability
- Prior experience in a pharma commercial function
- Some experience in sales management or general management
- Prior experience as a pharmacy, medical, or quality director at a healthcare institution
- Prior account management experience responsible for provider institutions or oncology GPOs
- Proven negotiating capability
- Demonstrated proficiency in Oncology clinical science
- Demonstrated fluency in translating clinical outcomes and health economic data into customer value
Key Organizational Partnerships
- Oncology Access Strategy Team
- Sales: Commercial Business Director, District Sales Managers, Product Sales Specialists
- Market Access: GPO Account Directors, Regional Account Director
- Marketing: Oncology Brand Teams
- Medical Affairs: Medical Science Liaisons, National Clinical Account Directors, Field Health Outcomes Directors
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a phenomenal fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.