Medical Information Content Lead (Cross-TA)
The MI Content Lead will be responsible for leading the strategy and execution of the MI content-related work, including the end to end MI content operating model, transition to structured content authoring and digital publishing to meet our future omnichannel needs. This role will report directly to the Sr. Director, Medical Information Operations Excellence & Established Brands.
- Strategically lead the MI planning, prioritization, cross-functional collaborations, MIM/OSP day-to-day workflow oversight, and execution of core scientific content development, including content needed for various channels (e.g. digital self-service, Field Medical, traditional HCP inquiry channels), audiences and needs (e.g. Managed Market/Payer, congress materials)
- Collaborating closely with Sr. Director MI Op Excellence Lead, Medical Innovation Lead, other Medical leadership and stakeholders/functions (global & local), contribute to the full medical content strategy, framework, operating model, and determination of effectiveness metrics
- Build and execute new MI end to end (E2E) content strategy & operating model, including local market engagement
- Lead the transition & roll-out of innovation related to content, including structured authoring and digital publishing across business units and markets
- Lead change management across MI & stakeholders across the business associated with new E2E model – ways of working, capability building for MI, etc.
- Ownership/leadership of a high priority MI processes or initiative to drive operational excellence (e.g., one of the MI cross-TA Core Teams)
- Support digital innovation through forward and innovative thinking to meet business needs efficiently
- Serve as mentor/trainer in his/her areas of expertise across MI
- Ad-hoc/member of Extended Franchise Global Medical Team & US Core Medical Team based on role
- Advanced health science degree required (e.g., PharmD, PhD, MD, or equivalent)
- 5+ years clinical/scientific professional experience including 2 to 3+ years in pharmaceutical industry drug information/Medical Communications and knowledge of applicable regulations
- Proficient in medical communications/content creation and end to end processes
- Digital strategy oriented mindset and experience desired
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen and customer/outcome focus, strategic planning and cross-functional project management skills
- Proficient in promotional review, medical review and regulatory environment & issues
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership in one or more core deliverable areas
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in effective working in a multi-cultural, multi-location teams
- Patient-care experience and a patient-centric mindset
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants.COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.