Human Resources Business Partner
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven bio-pharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. We're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. We believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible
We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person. We do everything we can to make sure each AstraZeneca person has everything they need to stretch themselves and see what they can achieve.
We are recruiting a progressive Human Resources professional with a passion for contributing to and operationalizing our people strategy for our Respiratory Team. Working in alignment with the Lead HR Business Partner and in collaboration with Global Centers of Expertise, and HR Services team, the incumbent will be accountable for the full employee life cycle of Human Resources.
This is an ideal position for a professional with 3-5 years of HR Partnering experience, and a desire to have a well-rounded HR experience, partnering with critical business functions.
In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to successfully contribute to and operationalize the people strategy for multiple parts of the business; including the talent agenda.
You will be involved in building and sustaining effective relationships with leaders, employees, center of expertise, and the broader HR team to manage the employee life cycle, while coaching, advising and influencing our front-line managers on employee matters. Employee data accuracy and delivery of people metrics to inform business decisions will be your responsibility. Additionally, there will be accountability for project-based support as required for talent management, succession planning, development of reward structures and change management programs, along with fostering the company and functional cultures through employee engagement initiatives
Role based in Wilmington, DE
- Experience partnering with employees in office locations as well as in the field
- Experience navigating a matrixed business environment, and guided others through it
- Experience partnering with analytical teams or organizations
- Successful track record of taking raw data and turning it into a compelling story
- Successful collaboration with teams on projects and process improvement
- Self-driven to get the job done and can work independently or collaboratively
- Comfortable presenting new information to large groups of people
- Strong analytical thinker with high level of business acumen
- Able to apply good judgement and influence leaders
- Proven project and change management capabilities
- Able to ruthlessly prioritize
- Participates in setting and executing against the strategic direction of the business area
- Sit on function leadership Team for Sales or Mkt functions
- Oversea complex hires with Talent Acquisition Team
- Lead cultural change and working principles
- Liaises with senior management to understand business requirements from a People Strategy perspective.
- Works across the HR function and business seeks to ensure interventions are integrated in a consistent way that supports AZ’s organisational objectives
- Coaches, supports, mentors and challenges managers in the application of HR policies and practices, provides advice and guidance on complex HR issues to minimise risk and financial exposure.
- Drives and supports the development and delivery of cultural change plans and interventions
- Align the need of the business with AZ Global processes, technology and service delivery
- Process information apply business judgment and articulate solutions based on data
- Read the external environment, draw information from a wider range of sources, understand how decisions can impact AstraZeneca financial success.
- Understand our scientific principles and confidently talk about our products and the diseases we treat
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in Human Resources.
- Successful coaching of managers and employees through challenging employee relations issues
- Experience working with companies that have gone through transformation and proven to be resilient through change
- Core skills for success:
- System Thinking / Data driven decisions / Commercial Financial Acumen / Scientific Acumen
- Demonstrate AZ Values in Behaviors in every day decision and challenge.
- Work cross-functional / work collaborative and enterprise mind-set
- Solution oriented / independent partner / project management / communication / influence
- Masters Level Qualification in specialism
- HRBP experience within or outside AZ.
- Solid HR Solutions expertise
- International experience
- Pharma / Biotech experience
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.