Global Marketing Director /Associate Director, Anemia
The BioPharmaceuticals Business Unit (BBU) creates and executes meaningful therapeutic area and product strategies that are focused on addressing the unmet needs of patients around the world. We are committed to changing the course of medicine and bringing innovative therapies to enhance the quality of life for our patients. The BBU integrates commercial, market access, medical, digital, and corporate functions to drive scientific development and commercial excellence in the core areas of respiratory, cardiovascular, renal and diabetes disease.
As Global Marketing Director /Associate Director, Anemia, role based in Wilmington, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. This role sits within our broader Biopharmaceutical Business Unit, which helps bridge science and commercial, integrating corporate, portfolio, therapy areas and product strategies, providing strategic direction from early-stage research through to commercialization.
The Global Marketing Director / Associate Director, will be working on a new 1st in class treatment for anemia for patients with Chronic Kidney Disease. This individual will be accountable to develop the strategic plan, execution of the plan and launch preparation to ensure a successful launch of one of our products.
You will support the global commercialization plan for a product, strategic plan development, collaboration with Biopharmaceutical Commercial team and local market partners to roll-out into prioritized regions. The role is a key member of the Biopharmaceutical Commercial team and Global Brand Team (GBT), and collaborates closely with colleagues across Biopharmaceutical Commercial, Local Markets and FibroGen (biotech development partner). The CKD/Anemia Global Marketing Director is part of the global brand team and leads commercialization efforts that directly inform, shape the strategy, segment focus and operational plan with participants from key launch countries. The CKD/Anemia Global Marketing Director reports to the Global CKD/Anemia Product Head.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of product launch strategy in prioritized launch segments and execution plan and launch roll out
- Accountable for prioritized launch segments launch excellence and roll-out of product
- Lead the development, collaboration and launch of the product story and how this integrates with the indications segments to represent as One Brand
- Accountable for commercial component of strategic options and strategies supporting Investment decisions for future product
- Accountable for engaging with regions and key markets to ensure launch readiness / commercial excellence for launch
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Thorough understanding of the development process and necessary commercial touch points
- Understanding of general business and core marketing principles and application to future healthcare market challenges
- Specialty commercial experience
- Broad commercial experience including pre-launch and launch
- Strong strategic thinking, judgement and influencing skills, to influence R&D to ensure strong commercial focus
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long-term needs, constructively resolve issues
- Proven experience and knowledge of a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payers, providers and in/out license partners.
- Evidence of developing compelling business cases
- Working with R&D
- Sufficient understanding of technical risks and the implications for the commercial aspects to future brands
- Strong understanding of key marketing skill sets
- Commitment to Customers and Integrity
- Demonstrates commitment to customers (internal or external) by acting ethically to generate value for them and for AZ.
- Based on an understanding of the external environment and its impact on AZ, identifies opportunities to enhance the business and creates a sense of clarity, purpose and commitment.
- Makes and acts on decisions quickly and effectively and fosters the same in others, based on an underlying courage to enable appropriate risk-taking for the business.
- Holds self and others accountable in order to ensure performance expectations (both the ‘what’ and the ‘how’) are met or exceeded.
- Actively creates and promotes cross-boundary collaboration with the aim of achieving better business results. Boundaries can exist between individuals, geographies, cultures, teams, functions, organizations, etc.
Develops People and Organization
- Invests one’s time and energy to proactively develop oneself, others, and the organization
- MBA preferred
- Specialty medicines with complex ecosystems (patients, healthcare providers, systems, payer)
- Local country and global/international experience
- Specialty commercial experience: Chronic Kidney Disease, Nephrology, Anemia, Hematology
- Experience of working in specialty brands within AZ, external to AZ and experience in CVMD or CKD
- Inline Brand Marketing Company experience (or external equivalent)
- Market development and expansion work (Pre-launch and/or Post-launch)
- Exposure to and track record of effective management of decision-making bodies
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.