Global Factory Operations Lead - IT
The role holder will be responsible for the Factory Operations Capability within Operations IT.
The primary stakeholders for this role are the SVP for Quality and the Operations RVPs for the Manufacturing and factory based services, including Global Engineering & Real Estate. Within Operations IT key stakeholders are the Regional & Site Leads. This role will represent Ops IT on the OQLT. This role will work closely with the Development and Quality Control (D&QC) Capability Lead to deliver the strategy and services for Quality.
Manufacturing at AZ covers a range of processes in the delivery of the product through production planning, formulation, packaging and quality management, supported by areas such as environmental monitoring and plant maintenance. The Quality areas spans Global Quality Management systems and the Quality Control/Laboratory systems are the responsibility of the D&QC Lead.
Critical opportunities and business requirements that will be areas of focus for the Global Factory Operations Capability Lead will include but are not limited to:
- Creation and deployment of the standard strategic IT solutions across Manufacturing sites.
- Build capability to collaborate rapidly with external partners supported by with seamless sharing of data and information
- Working with the Architecture Lead to redefine and harmonize on the strategies across the Manufacturing & Quality areas, in particular manufacturing systems integration & ensure innovation is utilized to improve customer experience and deliver future Operation’s needs to meet the Operations 2025 Strategy.
- Engage with key business stakeholders in the delivery of the Factory Operations roadmap.
- Managing and driving value on the total cost of ownership for systems within the factory walls.
- Collaborate with the other Ops IT Functions in order to align and input to the delivery of capabilities with the Regional & Site Leads in the consolidation of (site/regional) strategy and delivery of improvements.
- Minimize and mitigate compliance and data integrity risks in current application
- Simplify user experience and IT estate where possible in Global Operations and across SET areas.
The candidate will be accountable for (but not limited to) the following activities:-
- Single point of contact supporting a key business areas, sites and or markets/regions.
- Has a deep understanding of the Business area and IT industry and the implications of emerging technologies for the wider business environment.
- Informing the development and leading the execution of the strategy and integrated solutions for their capability area - Establishes and promotes the overall vision for how IT can support the business
- Proposes opportunities and influences business managers about the implications of planned IT-enabled change on the business, processes and customers.
- Enhance the user experience of IT through close working with the business to ensure IT solutions are fit for business purpose.
- Assimilates feedback from the sites/regions/markets and works with the Architecture Lead to refined strategies and solution approaches.
- Owning the demand portfolio and associated budgets to deliver recognized business value and ensure business effect is fit for purpose and costs balanced.
- Owns the business case for funding the program and confirms continuing business viability of the program at regular intervals.
- Driving TCO across the customer area - ensuring the TCO for the application set is managed and delivers value for the business.
- Accountable for rationalization of the application landscape across the business area.
- Takes full responsibility for the level of customer satisfaction, at regular intervals or after each significant delivery of product or service. Responds to customer queries and complaints - ensures that corrective action is being taken.
- Keep business engagement leads fully engaged in future IT Capability and future business trends.
- Participates in key groups and facilitates focus groups and other ‘ideas generators’. Stimulates the creation of ideas among colleagues and staff. Works with business strategists and innovators to help them understand the opportunities that technology can provide.
- Accountable for ensuring 3rd party vendors deliver to contractual terms and conditions and meaningful value to the business.
- Partners with those delivering the IT service (including suppliers where appropriate) to ensure the service is delivered cost effectively.
- Participates in key functional/regional/site/market leadership teams.
- Applies the highest level of management and leadership skills.
- Rich experience of bio-pharma industry
- Experience of identification and implementation of innovative technology solutions
- Evidence of leading and developing innovative solutions
- Experience of defining the business strategies and influencing the vision of senior leaders
- Experience of leading high value business cases & mobilizing high value investments
- Experience in managing, developing and leading virtual teams
- A proven track record of delivering results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presenting
- Excellent influencing, networking and team working skills
- High level awareness of developments in the Information Technology marketplace
- Able to manage and lead negotiations, expectations and solutions across complex stakeholder groups
- Expert relationship building skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Expertise in planning, change management and problem solving and able to resolve issues of a highly complex and strategic nature
- Proven ability to relate and respond to business needs in an IT environment
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent (business technology or related degree)
- Leader within pharma thought leadership networks and organisations
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Ability to partner and work in a matrix organisation
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a phenomenal fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.