Finance Manager, Market Access, Immuno-Oncology and Lung Cancer
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Lead all aspects of finance business partnering services to the Immuno-Oncology / EGFR / Lung Cancer Franchises Market Access Team. Responsible for strategizing and developing customer contracts for all customer segments (e.g. Commercial, Hospital / GPO, Federal, Medicaid, Medicare Part D).
- Develop conceptual financial framework for deal structuring, create financial models of possible contract scenarios detailing cost/benefit analysis including considerations such as competitor response to AstraZeneca's offerings, Medicaid best price impact, and the effects the contract may have on other contracts.
- Develop databases and provide key customer, competitor, and market segment analysis providing interpretive commentary.
- Identify and develop sales tools enabling Account and Contract Directors to negotiate with customers.
- Analyze customer contract performance and identify potential issues where actual performance is not meeting expectations.
- Identify potential customer audits and assist with substantiating support documentation.
- Lead the monthly close process and rebate reserve analysis for the assigned brands, including analysis of customer rebate payments vs. accruals and development of sales projections & application of judgment to ascertain the correct liability needed to reflect AstraZeneca’s financial performance.
- Brand dependent, incumbent may have full responsibility for accounting, forecasted and related financial analysis for affordability programs and all other gross to net adjustments.
- Maintain Managed Care Accounting System (Model N/Anaplan) integrity and display deep knowledge of complex systems environment and the interdependencies of these systems with SAP.
- Closely collaborate with Franchise Finance teams to develop rebate and discount forecasts for all RBUs (Rolling Business Update) and MTPs (Mid-Term Plan), manage the accuracy of rebate accrual percentages used in SAP, and ensure rebate expense is correctly stated.
- Understand and reconcile market place dynamics with changes to AstraZeneca's rebate expense.
- Lead impact and scenario analysis of all WAC price increases.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 5+ years related work experience in accounting, finance, or business analysis.
- Possess a solid understanding of the internal and external sources of Managed Markets sales related data.
- In-depth knowledge of Excel and working knowledge of other MS Office applications.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and draw conclusions from less than certain data.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
- MBA in a relevant field (e.g. accounting, finance)
- Knowledge of managed care industry and pharmaceutical distribution networks
- Prior work in managed care accounting, financial, or market analysis
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us while we continue to build a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we are developing new ways to work, ground breaking methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our team!
Next Steps – Apply Today!
Curious to know more? Then please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well-qualified for this opportunity. Know someone who would be an excellent fit? Please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.