Executive Marketing Director - Immunology
The BioPharmaceuticals Business Unit (BBU) creates and executes meaningful therapeutic area and product strategies that are focused on addressing the unmet needs of patients around the world. We are committed to changing the course of medicine and bringing innovative therapies to enhance the quality of life for our patients. The BBU integrates commercial, market access, medical, digital, and corporate functions to drive scientific development and commercial excellence in the core areas of respiratory, cardiovascular, renal and diabetes disease.
The opportunity is to join AstraZeneca as Commercial Business Leader responsible for launching, leading, shaping and delivering the Anifrolumab Franchise across in US and Global. The role is will be based Wilmington, DE and reports to Sr. Vice President, who is based Wilmington, DE and leads the Respiratory & Immunology TA at AstraZeneca US.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
As Executive Marketing Director – Immunology - you will be accountable for:
- Develop and deploy global and US strategies to achieve Anifolumab business’s goals, maintain/improve sales, profit, and market share, both with current and future indications.
- Develop forecast on sales, profit, market share and investment strategy based on agreed budgets. Lead the annual Long-Range Plan process and develop the Quarterly Business Review performance review and coordinate the external communication with Finance and Investor Relations Teams.
- Lead the US Brand Team to include a thorough and well-coordinated input into Anifrolumab strategy and ensure close integration and flawless execution of marketing strategies and tactics as well the implementation of key core deliverables.
- Continue to develop innovative and creative commercial strategies and capabilities to ensure success.
- Define and implement the pre-launch and launch activities for Anifrolumab, drive and deliver US launch performance and role model across markets.
- Appropriately manage governance interactions and alignment with the exec board, regional and functional teams include a thorough and well-coordinated input into
- Build a best in class global marketing organization to become a respected leader in pharmaceutical industry while cultivating an inclusive high-performance environment that values and leverages diversity.
- Bachelor’s degree is required with science expertise as preferred
- Proven success in a leadership role (i.e. Sales / Marketing).
- Strong knowledge in Biologics; Immunology therapeutic area.
- Launch experience and success
- Proven strong influencing skills and stakeholder management
- Experienced and comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Understanding of and adaptable to working variances of different countries and different cultures
- Successful experience of remote team management
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills, demonstrating flexibility and a proven ability to deal with complexity under time pressure.
- Experience and effectiveness in the presentation of written and verbal business cases to the most senior Management.
- Numerate and having financial literacy
- Experience to create a positive relationship with third parties as an AZ Ambassador at Board and Executive Committee level.
- Tenacity and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrates structured and measured leadership, interactions and decision-making during periods of high intensity in external or internal deliberations.
- A flexible, team orientated attitude, willing to contribute own skills to deliver AZ priority projects
- Second degree, e.g. MBA. PhD
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.