Executive Business Director, Renal Sales
We need outstanding people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. Are you an experienced Market Leader looking to join a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If you’re passionate about what science can do to make a difference to patients' lives and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Our aim is to protect the lives of 50 million people in the next year from the often-devastating consequences of heart failure, cardiovascular, metabolic and renal diseases. Shared risk factors of CVRM diseases are still often not diagnosed or addressed, and we are committed to help change clinical practice, to address unmet medical needs and create a seamless disease management pathway for patients worldwide.
The Executive Business Director of Sales will lead multiple geographical regions across the Renal business area. This leadership role will partner with Market Access & Patient Strategies (MAPS) Executive Directors, Market Access Geographic Business Directors (MGBDs), and Brand leadership teams to develop and optimize geographic and account strategies and leads execution. This role manages a team of National and Regional Business Directors and reports into the Vice President of US Renal franchise. This role is a key member of the US Renal Leadership Team.
What you’ll do:
- Understand and appropriately challenge forecast assumptions. Regularly communicate performance updates/forecasts to senior leadership.
- Understands and anticipates market trends, customer mix, local influences, Rx trends and competition when crafting business plans for each geography.
- Gain alignment on critical issues/initiatives and to hold cross-functional partners accountable.
- Leads through change with transparency, to ensure effective engagement of all partners
- Establish clear franchise vision and purpose and communicate it with passion and authenticity to the organization and shape culture. Is a role model of the AZ Values and Behaviors. Employs enterprise thinking and results-oriented leadership. Engenders trust and empowers others.
- Active participation and contribution to strategy development & decision making within the TA leadership team.
- Build diverse pipeline of future leaders.
- Has fearless conversations and makes difficult decisions.
- Scientific mind set and robust knowledge of all AZ Core Growth Platforms and of our strategic TA’s
- Outstanding critical thinking, judgement and influencing skills to ensure strong commercial focus and consistency and ensure AZ is fit for the future
- Express complex ideas and strategies in clear, simplified and compelling ways to influence multiple partner groups
Essential for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical sales or healthcare
- Experience with revenue forecasting, expense management, business case development and management/communication of sales performance
- Strong cross-functional collaboration, influence and experience gaining partner alignment to move key initiatives forward
- Regional leadership experience of customer facing roles (i.e., Second Line Leader).
- Able to lead and influence organizational change, ability to evolve Customer Facing Model, and make relevant trade-offs to ensure organizational/ enterprise success
- Attract and develop diverse talent/ teams and optimizing team performance in direct and matrixed leadership roles
- Marketing and Sales background in a large/mid-sized market
- Experience leading development of brand and/or TA strategies which are founded on clear customer and market insights
- Detailed understanding of customer segments and regional market dynamics within all therapeutic areas
- Shown commercial and/or development leadership of pre-launch and launch activities
- Wealth of experience with the customer perspective (e.g. local sales insights) from responsible regions to HQ (including brand teams)
- Consistent record of linking science to patient to commercial opportunities
Desirable for the role:
- Breadth of experience in another commercial subject area (including Compliance, Market Access, Commercial Ops, etc.)
- Exhibited ability to manager multiple, concurrent work-streams in diverse functional/therapeutic areas
- Successful work experience in team selling environments, inclusive of successful management of teams
- Working relationships with top Key External Experts (KEEs)
- Preference in working and leading a sales team in an institutional market (formulary, stocking, and protocol development)
- Experience with sales forecasts and operational budgets within the therapeutic area at a regional level
- Demonstrated experiences in leading and influencing organizational change
- Has experience developing and leading robust teams by establishing business objectives, assessing performance and driving leader accountability
- Focuses on delivering high-impact opportunities by implementing customer-specific approaches based upon their needs and preferences
- Portfolio management experience
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.