Director, Payer Evidence - Respiratory
Director, Payer Evidence - Respiratory
Location - Wilmington
At AstraZeneca, every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all our people.
The Director, Payer Evidence role is part of the Payer Evidence function of the United States (US) Medical organization within Medical Biopharmaceuticals. This is a key role supporting Payer and is responsible for scientific and analytical input into observational research strategies in support of payer interactions along with payer contracting strategies, Innovative Value Strategies (IVS) for AZ products.
This role leads the internal and external communication of the clinical and economic value proposition and of scientific results to achieve maximal scientific impact and commercial success of AZ products throughout their life cycle. This position requires an experienced individual with expert scientific knowledge of health economics and outcomes research, innovative value strategies, its application throughout development process, strong business acumen, and excellent interpersonal skills.
What you'll do
- Lead the development of the critical evidence generation strategy to support articulation of product clinical and economic value.
- Lead US input into payer-centric evidence plan as part of a core member of Core Values Team (CVT)
- Develop strategy, study design, along with support protocol development, (e.g., retrospective database analyses, payer analytic tools, systematic reviews, network meta-analyses, budget impact models, cost effectiveness models) to support evidence needs as determined by CVT strategy
- Develop scientific and data driven approach to support IVS (i.e. various types of payer contracting strategies)
- Proactively and independently, contribute to research planning process and resolution of complex issues, especially if they affect market access decisions and evidence for product.
- Ensure US evidence strategy alignment with Therapeutic Area (TA) reimbursement, and regulatory strategies.
- Serve as observational research expert within TA as it relates to all data evidence to support payer interactions.
- Remain actively aware of the product environment by establishing, maintaining, and fostering internal (cross-functional, within the US and Global organizations) and external interactions with scientific experts.
Essential for the role
- Masters degree (minimum) in a relevant field (e.g., health economics, outcomes research, health services research, epidemiology, health policy or related fields)
- Ten years of relevant experience (e.g., academia, consulting, and/or industry); a minimum of five years desired in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology/medical device industry
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of the US healthcare system and its changing needs for health economic and payer analytic information.
- Leadership skills and problem-solving capability as demonstrated by ability to evaluate threats and opportunities for Health Economics strategy and modify as appropriate.
- Well-developed conceptual and integrative thinking with capability to access internal and external resources for advice.
- Able to implement projects, including engagement with key stakeholders, with high degree of autonomy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple functional groups across countries and regions
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media -
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.