Director, Global Emerging Talent Strategies
At AstraZeneca we are guided in our work by a strong set of values, and we’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. By truly following the science, we pioneer new methods, new thinking and bring unexpected teams together.
As the Director, Global Emerging Talent Strategies you will play a key role in partnering with the Global Head of Talent to build the global early and emerging talent development agenda. You will be responsible for shaping and defining the guiding principles and standards for our enterprise early talent strategies. This will include managing end-to-end activities related to the establishing of a global and tiered approach to early talent pipelining including rotational development programs and bespoke development experiences with the aim of accelerating readiness of individuals earlier in career.
- Partner with Global Head of Talent to establish an impactful and cost-effective strategy, ensuring ROI and metrics aligned to business priorities and needs.
- Develop leading edge and bespoke development interventions aimed at building leadership and managerial capability, business and financial capability and agility.
- Partner regularly with the Global Talent Directors to understand the business needs and nuances and support acceleration of emerging talent pipelines within each SET area.
- Partner with TAq to build a strong and positive external presence for the AZ brand in the early talent market, and working with Global Mobility to create a smooth and proactive mobility experience for IAs.
- Establish an early talent analytics dashboard to evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of our programs on attraction, retention, engagement, and feeder pipeline for our succession plans.
- Day to day responsibility for managing the rotational development programs
- Through the Global SteerCo and in-market leads, oversee customized rotations across the multi-year programs, including coordination of local and international assignments as well as ensuring proper progression and ongoing coaching and feedback for each incumbent
- Creation and facilitation of development interventions and experiences designed to build business and financial acumen as well as leadership and manager capability. Measure ROI of interventions to ensure impact.
- Ensure key business priorities such as Inclusion and Diversity, patient-centricity, sustainability and digital are woven throughout program interventions.
- Partner with TAq and country leads to ensure a constant drumbeat of communications and features externally.
- Other duties as assigned related to talent and development, values and behaviors, culture and engagement
- Deep HR experience in talent development, assessment of future leadership potential and learning strategies
- Ability to work strategically to design strategies and tactically to bring strategies to fruition
- Experience with global program design, implementation and measurement
- Proven experience collaborating across a matrix and delivering to multiple stakeholders through partnerships globally
- Strong platforming skills and ability to flex style to audience
- Comfort with and proven ability to deliver in ambiguity
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with urgency
- Strong written and verbal communications
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.