Director, Emerging Capabilities and Partnerships
The AstraZeneca Global Commercial Digital & Innovation (GCDI) Team seeks a seasoned Digital Partnerships and Digital Health professional to set the strategy for building strong flexible partnerships to drive innovation and better leverage technology to improve patient outcomes. Life sciences companies are shifting their business models toward outcomes-based performance and must consider how to seamlessly collect, combine and share a variety of health data in real time. This shift will involve the formation of agile, and often short-term, partnerships and collaborations. The GCDI Dir, Global Digital Partnerships will provide thought leadership and ensure cross-functional collaboration and coordination in an effort to understand and foster engagement with these ecosystems.
The Director will work across our global commercial franchises seeking to understand how changing customer needs directly affect the future value they can create — e.g., what kinds of products and services maximize revenues. They will be able to provide guidance and recommendations on the changing environment by aligning with other stakeholders through partnerships or acquisitions to acquire the key capabilities required to design new innovations that meet evolving definitions of success.
The Director will be constantly scanning and evaluating new partners across the digital health landscape to advise GCDI / priority markets on how best to contract and deploy based on business needs and requirements.
The Director will report directly to the Sr. Director, Global Partnerships and Digital Effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished and experienced health and life sciences marketing innovator with a proven track record of creating meaningful and engaging patient and provider experiences, especially within digital and health information platforms. At the same time, it is critical that the Director understands how to pair strategy with internal client engagement and external supplier management in a highly regulated environment.
- Develop a robust pipeline of disruptive innovation that drives incremental and profitable growth. Provide thought leadership to inspire greatness, divergent thinking, and ongoing inspiration for business building platforms for sustained growth.
- Will “call on” other businesses in a B2B development capacity to foster new relationships with suppliers and publishers that have existing relationships with the very customers and patients AZ brands need to communicate with.
- Identifies and establishes business to business collaborations with health IT and services companies that derive mutually beneficial and sustainable relationships.
- Fosters and facilitates strategic alliances with AZ customers as needed to test and deploy collaborations between AZ and third-party health IT and services companies.
- Lead cross-functional teams on ideation of prototypes and utilize an agile test and iterate approach to inform solutions (digital, service, and physical) and any backend requirements
- Evaluate internal capabilities and external opportunities (build, partner, invest) based on qualitative, quantitative and financial measures
- Provide business specifications and prioritize features for execution of a minimum viable product (MVP) ensuring that anticipated MVP cost meets ROI expectations
- Oversee implementation of new product at scale
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years relevant experience in sales/marketing including market/ statistical analysis, brand planning/ management, territory management and financial forecasting
- Passionate advocate for the customer and a champion for change, willing to challenge the status quo and push a team and the company beyond its comfort zone through compelling data, constant communication, and aptitude for building bridges across functions in the face of resistance
- Experience with creative problem solving and implementing new to market practical solutions
- Experience in a global pharmaceutical or biotech industry with a BS or BA degree preferred
- Experience in developing strategies and managing the direction of multiple functional teams.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant software systems, global Sales and Marketing organizations and pharmaceutical data sources preferred.
- Strong communication, presentation, facilitation and organizational skills.
- Experience in supporting or leading change management initiatives
- Comfortable in a customer-facing role
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced, newly established environment
- Strategic and execution oriented – ability to start with a blank slate, operationalize the final solution, and lead all the steps in between
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle competing priorities with limited resources
- Leadership and influencing skills that lend to leading teams, building positive relationships, and collaborating with internal and external partners
- Strong communication skills, including finding opportunities for improvement, and sharing those messages across groups
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence
- Strong financial, analytical and modelling skills and aptitude in using data to inform decisions
- MBA or equivalent experience (e.g., management consulting, 5+ years management role, entrepreneur or combination of these skills and experiences)
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of time
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.