Commercial Data Leader, Respiratory Biologics
AstraZeneca is looking to hire a Commercial Data Leader (Respiratory Biologics) to join the Data Management team (Sales Force Operations) within the US Commercial Operations organization. S/he will be accountable to represent the Data Management function aligned to the Respiratory Biologics franchise. S/h will lead multiple cross-functional business, operations, technology and vendor relationships having a core responsibility for Specialty Care data operations, projects, platforms and enhancements with a focus on Respiratory Biologics.
S/he will bring a foundation of data management & business acumen related to Respiratory Biologics and Specialty Care (Commercial) Data Management. The candidate’s thorough understanding and application of Specialty Care distribution data (Specialty Distributor & Specialty Pharmacy), data aggregation and other key data sets (including APLD/claims) will foster the continued development of strategic sales force operations that maximize the value of AstraZeneca's Respiratory portfolio (including both launch (Fasenra) and in-line Specialty products (Synagis).
S/He will be aligned to the Fasenra, Synagis and Flumist brands across US Insights & Analytics, Brand teams and (Specialty Distribution) Channel teams leading projects/work streams in preparation for the launch. S/he would be a confident problem-solver and solutions-oriented but without being constrained by in-place process or precedent. S/he will build and lead Data Management centric relationship management capabilities within Commercial Operation, Sales Force Operations.
The candidate will leverage hands-on experience in data management synthesizing a variety of data and actionable business insights to drive business imperatives. Focused on Respiratory Biologics, S/he will contribute in the identification, evaluation, interpretation, integration, aggregation and visualization of different data sources across AZ platform(s) driving key business capabilities.
The candidate will have a secondary focus on Specialty Care Master Data Management (MDM) questions and best practices. The focus in this area will be Affiliations, Health Systems Hierarchies, Alternate Sites of Care, GPO and Payer. This is specific to the connectedness of Specialty Care data to/from MDM (not the management of MDM).
In summary, the candidate will be the AstraZeneca in-house go-to lead for Specialty Care Respiratory Biologics data while optimizing the data management capabilities that drive our business, provide insights and create the opportunity to improve the patient experience.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, integrate, aggregate and optimize Specialty Care data management processes, tools and techniques (for Specialty Pharmacy, Specialty Distributor, APLD/Claims, Affiliations, Diagnostics, Master Data Management)
- Strong business and marketing acumen and excellent communication and interpersonal skills; consultative background preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines plus identify and mitigate risks.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities.
- Ability, want and purpose to transform and shape the future of commercial operations and the value we bring.cally
- Strong analytical skills with working knowledge of variety of secondary data sources and or primary data sources (e.g., IMS, Symphony Health, Prognos, HMS etc)
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in a relevant field
- 4+ years pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience – Specialty Care experience Required, Respiratory Biologics experience preferred
- 5+ years of Specialty Care Commercial Data Management and/or related experience.
- Experience working in a Data Management, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and/or Analytics environment.
- Experience in Market access/managed markets a plus
- Experience across product life cycle (emerging, launch, in-line, mature)
- Experience working with and optimizing “Buy and Bill/Contracts” Data a plus
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.