Associate Director Promotional Regulatory Affairs
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. In the Associate Director Promotional Regulatory Affairs role, you'll play a pivotal role in helping patients access our life changing medicines.
In conjunction with the TA Senior Director, Promotional Regulatory Affairs, the Associate Director is responsible for providing leadership and promotional regulatory expertise in the review, approval, and submission of advertising and promotional materials to ensure that promotional practices are consistent with regulatory and legal guidelines.
What You'll Do:
- Reviews, evaluates, and approves promotional materials and commercial activities within established time frames to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal guidelines.
- Applies regulatory and therapeutic area knowledge with a solution-oriented approach to meet marketing objectives while minimizing regulatory risk.
- Provides regulatory expertise to promotional material review team meetings to ensure that AstraZeneca promotional materials comply with OPDP regulations.
- Monitors regulatory environment for therapeutic area and maintains awareness of competitor promotional activities
- Actively participates in training and other initiatives of the Promotional Regulatory Affairs Skill Center to help ensure continuous improvement in processes
- Adheres to corporate policies and conducts business in a professional and compliant manner
Essential for the role
- Bachelor’s degree in science
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in regulatory affairs, medical information, clinical development, clinical safety or pharmaceutical advertising agency; or, minimum of 1 year relevant industry experience (e.g., post-doctorate fellowships) plus PharmD/PhD
- Knowledge of FDA regulations and drug development process
- Experience in project management and working in a team-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following competencies: exemplary compliance ethics, high concern for standards, significant attention to detail, strategic and analytic thinking
Desired for the role
- 3+ years experience in Promotional Regulatory Affairs
- Direct interaction with various levels of commercial management on issue resolution
- Experience in therapeutic areas of AZ focus
- Experience interacting with OPDP, FDA reviewing divisions, or equivalent
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.