Associate Director, Marketing - BRILINTA
At AstraZeneca, every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people. The Associate Director, Marketing contributes to the development and execution of marketing plans to maximize the value of AstraZeneca's portfolio and pipeline. This role is responsible for developing and executing brand strategy with a specific focus on opportunity assessments, establishing channel leadership, positioning, messaging, execution and launch planning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Director Marketing – BRILINTA – will have the primary responsibility for the overall HCP strategy and execution including supporting the strategy and execution for launch of new indications. You will collaborate with cross-functional and field sales partners to bring Brand Strategy to realization through leadership of:
- Market Research/Insight and analytics
- Brand positioning and messaging
- Integrated promotional and new indication launch plans
You will establish strong alliance with cross-functional teams in Marketing, Insights, Medical, Corporate Affairs, Regulatory and Market Access, providing input to cross-functional planning and programs by communicating brand strategy and identifying market opportunities and risks. Demonstrate the ability to motivate, develop, and inspire teams behind strategies and initiatives – including field sales teams and clearly communicate brand vision with passion and authenticity to marketing and cross functional teams.
The Associate Director Marketing – BRILINTA – will collaborate and lead without authority across functional areas; organize people, activities, communication and resources around a common goal and to achieve business objectives in a timely manner and create sustainable, long-term relationships with thought leader advocates and customer advocacy groups.
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in business, marketing or the sciences
- 5 years of Pharmaceutical or Healthcare experience; preferably in a related industry
- 3 years of Pharmaceutical Marketing and Promotions experience or relevant field sales leadership experience
- Leadership experience and team management skills
- Experience developing brand channel strategy and executing against it
- Experience managing complex projects at the project management level
- Sound understanding of US healthcare system pricing and reimbursement
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to assess and drive results
- Successful project management experience with the ability to work with cross functional stakeholders
- Cardiovascular therapeutic area experience strongly preferred
- Experience launching new products or indications
- Prior field sales experience
- Advanced Degree in business, marketing, or the sciences;
- Experience in Market access/managed markets
- Experience in Insight/Market Research
- Experience across product life cycle (emerging, launch, in-line, mature)
- Experience within early brand lifecycle
- Experience related to therapeutic area
- Experience delivering robust plans in hospital setting
Next Steps – Apply Today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.