Associate Director, Market Access Training Strategy
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As an Associate Director, Market Access Training Strategy you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
The Associate Director, Market Access Training Strategy’s responsibilities include partnering with leadership to identify training needs and mapping out training plans and schedules, and designing and developing training programs (outsourced or in-house) for Market Access customer facing teams. The Associate Director consults with Access Strategy teams on devising Account Director-focused product training, and oversees development of key training events, such as Spring and Fall AD Readiness workshops to prepare Account Directors for upcoming customer meetings held at key industry events. Develops metrics for training initiatives and oversees collection of data and reporting.
- Mapping out training plans and schedules, designing and developing training programs (outsourced or in-house) for Market Access customer facing teams
- Choosing appropriate training methods per case (virtual, simulated, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc)
- Marketing available training opportunities to target audiences and providing necessary information
- Designing and developing training programs (outsourced and/or in-house)
- Conducting training needs assessment for customer facing teams and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Using known education principles and stay up-to-date on new training methods and techniques
- Designing, preparing and ordering educational aids and materials
- Assessing instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills and KPIs
- Gathering feedback from trainers and trainees after each educational session
- Partnering with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding instructional design
- Hosting train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts
- Researching and recommending new training methods, like gamification
- Managing vendors
- Ensuring alignment of training activities with business strategy
- Driving continuous improvement of educational curriculum
- Overseeing for training budget
- Overseeing and advising on Market Access Training operations with Training Execution Lead
- Understanding of US health care market dynamics
- Bachelors degree
- Experience in instructional design, training, and/or adult learning
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- Experience with e-learning platforms
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication skills
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Advanced degree
- Experience in Market Access customer facing role
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.