Associate Director, Market Access Strategy - (Respiratory Portfolio)
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
Reporting to the Sr. Director Market Access Strategy, the Assoc. Dir., Market Access Strategy (AD) will be responsible for implementing access strategies for inline and pipeline products in the Respiratory Portfolio.The incumbent will contribute to the development and implementation of Payer Value Propositions to support negotiations with national payers, regional payers, and distributors.The incumbent will develop and manage the affordability strategies and programs.Additionally, this incumbent will develop insights and recommendations on access and affordability messages to support the overall HCP & Consumer communication strategy and promotional assets.This candidate will work closely with the Market Access Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, and Insight teams to ensure seamless customer experience and alignment toward the overall brand objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with cross-functional team (Marketing, Insights, Medical Affairs, Field Sales, Global) as well as US Market Access customer-facing teams to identify rich market insights across patients, providers, and payers to inform comprehensive market access strategies and aligned messaging across segments
- Develops compelling and differentiated product value propositions and builds associated customer education materials
- Partners with Contracting Strategy to develop effective payer communications that achieve access and contribution goals
- Leads in the design and implementation of affordability programming that ensures patient access while carefully stewarding brand budget and gross to net impact
- Develops pharmacy engagement and distribution strategies and tactics that support the overall access strategy
- Effectively manages agency relationships ensuring promotional programs are delivered on-time and within budget
- Develops and manages associated budgets in compliance with AZ finance and accounting requirements
- Performs all company business in accordance with regulations and company policies and procedures
- MBA preferred
- Experience developing and executing strategy
- Customer facing experience
- Managed care/payer experience
- Experience deriving insights to support launch products in the payer space
- Experience creating payer marketing strategies for both primary care and vaccine products
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience within the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical market including payer marketing, contracting, account management, and/or specialty field sales
- Strong understanding of the US market access landscape and the legal/regulatory environment for pharmaceuticals/biopharmaceuticals
- Ability to think strategically across the full business and to translate strategy into tactical implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate colleagues at all levels to develop and execute strategy
- Teamwork and leadership skills, including the ability to gain consensus and act within ambiguous, complex matrix organization
- Results oriented with excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Thorough understanding of customer and industry marketing practices and trends
- Demonstrated drive, and desire to grow career beyond the Market Access Leader Role.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%)
Next Steps – Apply Today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.