Associate Director, Market Access Strategy - Respiratory / FluMist
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. Reporting to the Sr. Director Market Access Strategy, the Associate Director, Market Access Strategy will be responsible for implementing the Respiratory TA strategy across FluMist and the remainder of the Respiratory portfolio. The incumbent will work closely with key partners to ensure payer access as well as seamless/timely approval and distribution of the Respiratory TA medications. The role will develop and manage patient affordability strategies and programs. This candidate will work closely with the customer-facing market access teams in addition to Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, and Insight teams to ensure a positive customer experience and alignment toward the overall brand objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Associate Director will collaborate with Sr. Director/Director level customer-facing account teams to maximize the Respiratory TA strategy and with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Contracting, Insights, Medical Affairs, Access Hub and Field Reimbursement). Will develop compelling and differentiated product value propositions and builds associated customer education materials. Partner with Contracting Strategy to develop effective contracting offerings that achieve brand access and contribution goals. Lead in the design and implementation of affordability programming that ensures patient access to treatment while carefully stewarding brand budget and gross to net impact. Collaborate with the HCP/Marketing team on customer communication strategies and promotional assets.
The Associate Director, Market Access Strategy will work closely with the customer-facing teams, develop specialty pharmacy engagement and distribution strategies and tactics that support the overall access strategy. Effectively manages agency relationships ensuring promotional programs are delivered on time and within budget as well as manages associated budgets in compliance with AZ finance and accounting requirements. Supports US and Global partners by providing market access expertise for future product launch and life cycle management plans and perform all company business in accordance with regulations and company policies and procedures
- MBA preferred
- Experience developing and executing strategy
- Customer facing experience
- Demonstrated learning agility and desire to grow career beyond the Market Access Strategy role
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience within the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical market including payer marketing, contracting, account management, and/or specialty field sales
- Understanding of the customer, industry marketing practices and trends
- Understanding of US specialty market access landscape, including specialty product distribution and the legal and regulatory environment for pharmaceuticals/biopharmaceuticals
- Recent Specialty Biologics experience
- Ability to think strategically across the full business and to translate strategy into tactical implementation
- Demonstrated ability to motivate colleagues at all levels to execute on strategy
- Results-oriented teamwork and leadership skills, including the ability to gain consensus and act within a complex matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%)
Next Steps – Apply Today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.