Associate Director, Market Access Strategy - Respiratory Biologics
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. Reporting to the Sr. Director Market Access Strategy, the Associate Director, Market Access Strategy will be responsible for developing and executing the Respiratory Biologics payer and health system value strategies for current in-market biologic and LCM indications. The incumbent will work closely with key partners to ensure payer and health system access as well as develop, train to, and execute key customer value story resources. This candidate will work closely with the customer-facing market access teams in addition to Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, and Insight teams to ensure a positive customer experience and alignment toward the overall brand objectives and market access strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Associate Director will collaborate with Sr. Director/Director level customer-facing account teams to maximize the Biologics strategy and with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Contracting, Insights, Medical Affairs, Access Hub and Field Reimbursement).
Will develop compelling and differentiated product value propositions and builds associated customer education materials. Collaborate with the HCP/Marketing team on customer communication strategies and promotional assets. Effectively manages agency relationships ensuring promotional programs are delivered on time and within budget as well as manages associated budgets in compliance with AZ finance and accounting requirements. Perform all company business in accordance with regulations and company policies and procedures
- MBA preferred
- Experience developing and executing strategy
- Customer facing experience, including payer/health system and/or HCP-focused sales leadership
- Experience partnering with Global/Strategic Marketing on lifecycle management indications
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience within the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical market including marketing, payer marketing, and/or specialty field sales
- Recent Specialty Biologics and payer/health system value story experience required
- Understanding of the US specialty market access landscape and the legal/regulatory environment for pharmaceuticals/biopharmaceuticals, including pharmacy vs. medical benefit structure in commercial and federal business required
- Ability to think strategically across the full business and to translate strategy into tactical implementation
- Demonstrated ability to motivate colleagues at all levels to execute on strategy
- Teamwork and leadership skills, including the ability to gain consensus and act within ambiguous, complex matrix organization
- Results-oriented self-starter with excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Thorough understanding of customer and industry marketing practices and trends
- Demonstrated drive, and desire to grow career beyond the Market Access Leader Role.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%)
Next Steps – Apply Today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.