Associate Director Market Access Strategy, Renal
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As an Associate Director Market Access, Renal in Wilmington, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. US Commercial is the ‘face’ of AstraZeneca to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, you will be responsible for implementing the Renal Cardio access strategies. As the AD, you will contribute to the development and implementation of a communication strategy and support negotiations with national payers, regional payers, and retail chains.
You will develop and manage affordability strategies and programs. Finally, you will develop insights and recommendations on access and affordability message to support the overall HCP & Consumer communication strategy and promotional assets.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for working closely with the Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, and Insight teams to ensure seamless customer experience and alignment toward the overall brand objectives.
- Collaborates with cross-functional team (Marketing, Insights, Medical Affairs, Field Integrators) as well as Market Access customer-facing teams to identify rich market insights across patients, providers, and payers to inform comprehensive market access strategies and aligned messaging across segments.
- Works collaboratively with the National Account Team-Dialysis to partner on contracting and other business opportunity pull through.
- Works with NAT-Dialysis to evaluate dialysis provider pharma channels to understand the distribution model and impact on the business.
- Develops customer educational training around affordability programs to ensure vendor policy compliance with dialysis centers.
- Develops compelling and differentiated product value propositions and builds associated customer education materials.
- Partners with Contracting Strategy to develop effective payer communications that achieve access and contribution goals.
- Leads in the design and implementation of affordability programming that ensures patient access while carefully stewarding brand budget and gross to net impact.
- Develops pharmacy engagement and distribution strategies and tactics that support the overall access strategy.
- Effectively manages agency relationships ensuring promotional programs are delivered on-time and within budget
- Develops and manages associated budgets in compliance with AZ finance and accounting requirements
- Performs all company business in accordance with regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Develops and manages associated budgets in compliance with AZ finance and accounting requirements.
- Performs all company business in accordance with regulations and company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA Preferred
- Managed care/payer experience
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience within the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical market including payer marketing, brand marketing, market research, account management, and/or field sales
- Strong understanding of the US market access landscape and the legal/regulatory environment for pharmaceuticals/biopharmaceuticals
- Ability to think strategically and to translate strategy into tactical implementation and to motivate people to execute on strategy
- Teamwork and leadership skills, including the ability to gain consensus and act within an ambiguous, complex matrix organization
- Results oriented with excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Thorough understanding of customer and industry marketing practices and trends
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%)
- Renal Experience (non-dialysis)
- Dialysis Center Experience
- MBA in relevant field
- Experience developing and executing strategy
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.