Associate Director, Market Access Strategy (Immunology)
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The BioPharmaceuticals Business Unit (BBU) creates and executes meaningful therapeutic area and product strategies that are focused on addressing the unmet needs of patients around the world. We are committed to changing the course of medicine and bringing innovative therapies to enhance the quality of life for our patients. The BBU integrates commercial, market access, medical, digital, and corporate functions to drive scientific development and commercial excellence in the core areas of respiratory, cardiovascular, renal and diabetes disease.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Sr. Director Market Access Strategy, the Assoc. Dir., Market Access Strategy (AD) will be responsible for shaping and executing the market access strategies for an investigational biologic. The incumbent will contribute to the development of insights, resources and implementation of a communication strategy to support negotiations with National Payers, Regional Payers, and Health Systems. Additionally, this incumbent will develop insights and recommendations on access messages to support the overall HCP communication strategy and promotional assets. This candidate will work closely with the Marketing, Medical Affairs, Insight and Sales teams to ensure seamless customer experience and alignment toward the overall brand objectives.
- Supports Director, Market Access Strategy and Core Value Team (CVT) to develop and execute pre-launch payer insight, evidence generation and customer engagement plans
- Directs vendors and is responsible for developing compelling and differentiated resources and customer education materials to communicate payer value proposition and facilitate payer access
- Partners with Contracting Strategy to develop effective payer communications that achieve access and contribution goals
- Collaborates with US Market Access fields personnel to execute segment market access strategies and communications with National Payers Customers, Regional Payer Customers and Health Systems
- Collaborates with cross-functional team (Marketing, Insights, Medical Affairs, Field Sales) as well as Market Access customer-facing teams to identify rich market insights across patients, providers, and payers to inform and evolve comprehensive market access strategies and aligned messaging across customer segments
- Effectively manages agency relationships ensuring promotional programs are delivered on-time and within budget
- Develops and manages associated budgets in compliance with AZ finance and accounting requirements
- Performs all company business in accordance with regulations and company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience within the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical market including payer marketing, contracting, account management, and/or specialty field sales
- Strong understanding of the US Specialty market access landscape and the legal/regulatory environment for pharmaceuticals/biopharmaceuticals
- Ability to think strategically across the full business and to translate strategy into tactical implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate colleagues at all levels to execute on strategy
- Teamwork and leadership skills, including the ability to gain consensus and act within ambiguous, complex matrix organization
- Results oriented with excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Thorough understanding of customer and industry marketing practices and trends
- Demonstrated drive, and desire to grow career beyond the Associate Director, Market Access Role.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%)
- MBA preferred
- Experience developing and executing market access strategy in pre-launch phases
- Experience in the Rheumatology, Immunology or Lupus Therapeutic Areas
- Specialty Managed Markets Experience
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.