Associate Director, Contract Strategy- CV/Renal
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As an Associate Director, Contract Strategy you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
Assist in defining contract strategies and platforms for Brands within the AZ product portfolio, maintaining consistency with that strategy as it is implemented. Drive business analytics to support contract strategy activities and partner with Customer Facing account roles, including National & Regional accounts, Provider Networks and Channels. This role will assist in the development of contract strategies that align with Brand Team / Therapeutic Area business strategies for launch and in-line products. The Contract Strategy Manager will work closely with the Managed Care Finance Group to ensure all contract strategies and offerings have financial justification based on ROI and sound business judgment and also assist in assessing the performance of existing contract strategies & offerings. Support the Contract Strategy team to deliver timely and comprehensive contract submissions and segment strategies for their Therapeutic Areas during the Segment Strategy Summit and Contract Governance Committee (CGC) processes.
- Assists in the implementation of contract strategies and contracting platforms.
- Coordinate with team of analysts/specialists in operational activities such as rebates, chargebacks, government reporting, contract writing and process approvals.
- Monitors environment and practices for shifts in trends or behaviors, interpret likely impact and suggest appropriate actions.
- Develops deep understanding of competitive market conditions that affect pricing for individual brands, therapeutic areas and overall industry.
- Evaluates changing marketplace and proactively make recommendations on pricing strategies as related to managed care, reimbursement environment, federal and state regulations
- Serves as a resource for Licensing and Business Development in assessing price for potential opportunities
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical or related healthcare business
- Experience in pharmaceutical sales and/or healthcare industry
- Understanding of Market Access and Healthcare delivery
- Analytical skills including problem solving, forecasting, contract development and financial modelling
- Demonstrated negotiation & relationship building skills
- Multi industry marketing practice
- Thorough understanding of AZ business model with specific knowledge of brand team operation, brand planning and sales model
- Experience with both HCP and Consumer Marketing
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.