IT Business Analyst
Business Analyst - Commercial IT - Insights and Analytics
Do you have expertise in, and passion for technology and innovation? Would you like to apply your expertise to maximize influence within the Commercial organization, in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
The Associate Business Analyst has experience contributing business analysis, design, and test activities to a large scale/global business change or delivering small scale business change alone. This role operates with interactive communication, demonstrating inclusion and cultural sensitivity.
The role will partner with the Business Relationship Manager or other Business Analyst colleagues to support the development of business cases, assist in business process design and ensure that proposed solutions meet established AstraZeneca quality and compliance standards and business solution needs.
The Associate Business Analyst is expected to perform at capable level in the following:
- Business Needs Identification – Operate at a functional level in assessing and defining business need and areas for improvement. Proactively seek opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals, proposing potential solutions through research.
- Business Analysis Planning - Should have broad analysis experience based on a solution’s complexity, level of risk, known assumptions, constraints and dependencies. Are proficient in scoping and recommending appropriate approaches. Are capable of planning and managing their activities to meet deliverables and deadlines.
- Stakeholder Analysis & Change - Effectively identify stakeholders and maintain relationships according to individual partner needs and levels of influence. Can compile communication and change management plans for projects and stakeholders.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition – Can develop requirements plans including user story sessions, approvals, processes, RAID and scope impacts. Skilled in traceability, testing and validation. Can collaborate with business colleagues to identify functional and technical requirements. Partners the architecture team to ensure the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits.
- Business Case and Benefits Management – Can support business case definition and capture investment business justification including ROI and benefits realization plans.
- Solution Evaluation – Assess solution proposals and articulate supporting arguments for a recommended solution. Work collaboratively with Business Relationship Managers and Business Analysts to develop/maintain business relationships, support business process change and act as point of contact for application development. Work with business customers to identify business requirements and effectively communicate impact, cost and benefits of new and changed demands. Candidates facilitate user acceptance testing. Support process owners to identify and devise solutions that optimize business process performance, capability and competitiveness.
- IT Delivery - Collaborate with IT architecture, delivery and support to ensure clear understanding of all requirements and effective testing. so that the solutions delivered to the business are efficient and effective, meeting the customer experience expectations.
Candidates work collaboratively with or take responsibility for the following roles:
- Test Lead to define the testing approach and the components of testing to ensure traceability of requirements and effectiveness of overall solution.
- Change Management/Communications Lead to ensure the Change Management and Communications plans and delivery support the Stakeholder Analysis.
Education, Experience, Skills and Capabilities
- 2+ years experience in a Business Analyst role using business analysis tools/techniques to design and deliver business change
- Strong engagement, communication and facilitation skills, including presentation and influencing skills
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Experience of working with third party suppliers/vendors
- Business acumen which includes skills/abilities in the following: Challenge, negotiation and influence; Presentation, Communication & Facilitation; Stakeholder Management; Networking; Compliance; Planning and task sequencing; Business Process Management; Requirements Management
- High school diploma required
- Degree in relevant subject area or formal certification in business analysis practice
- Experience with business intelligence tools
- Exposure to Agile Methodology
- Experience working in a global organization
- Pharmaceutical business awareness//business domain knowledge
- Experience with Pharma industry data (i.e. performance data)
- Benefits Management and Realization
- User Centered Design (User Experience, User Interface Design and Business Process Design)
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants.COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
So, what’s next! Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.